Lots to lose - Australia

Options
Hi all,
I am, yet again, using the New Year as a time to get seious about my weight. I need to lose 51kg! I was on MFP a few years ago and had good success, but like everything else I have ever tried, I gave up due to stress and emotional eating. I am a single mum to two gorgeous children, 12 and 9, and run my own business, so life is hectic!
At this stage, I am not aiming to do anything too complicated, other than to stay within my calories and go for a walk 4 times per week.
Is there anyone else out there with a lot to lose? I am thinking that, realistically, it might take me up to 2 years.
Feel free to add me and good luck!

Replies

• Arodxxl
    Arodxxl Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    How do you add people?
  • Clobern80
    Clobern80 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Arodxxl wrote: »
    How do you add people?

Click their picture, then click the picture that pops up, then send the invite.
  • Roor208
    Roor208 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm with you as I am restarting this year too. Lets do it!
  • MithrilMermaid2016
    MithrilMermaid2016 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Add me! My 'adder' isn't working!:)
  • Emi1974
    Emi1974 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I am adding you :) 2016 here we come
  • jparker1489
    jparker1489 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You should feel great about committing to your weight loss goals. Good luck and remember that you can do this
  • nicoiam69
    nicoiam69 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm in Australia too - Adelaide Hills. Hubby gave me a Fitbit for Christmas so I'm using MFP in conjunction with the Fitbit for motivation and accountability. I need to lose at least 20 kg. I understand the difficulty of sticking with a program - I'm a self employed chef with two kids and work long hours. I also have an autoimmune disease which makes me really tired so I have to work very hard on motivating myself to exercise. My 13 year old daughter is walking with me so that's a great help.
    Are you happy if I add you?
  • Lees75
    Lees75 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    nicoiam69, absolutely! My kids like to exercise with me too, which is helpful. I find it hard in this ridiculous heat though.
  • MissPiixxii
    MissPiixxii Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hiya!! I'm also from Aus! I added you :)
  • flick61
    flick61 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Australian as well, I hope you don't mind I added you to.
  • Penskinova
    Penskinova Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose weight but have no friends to bounce off in MFP. I'm in Adelaide too so if no one minds, I'll add people from this thread so we can help support each other. Here's to a healthier and fitter 2016! Let's do this
  • sjandsmduncan
    sjandsmduncan Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    always ready to support fellow aussies...feel free to add me
  • Adylia16
    Adylia16 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am back at it again! And from my pic you can see I have done it before! Looking to lose up to 70kg. I recently got engaged so I wont be stopping this time! From Melb. Feel free to add me :)
  • Kindness_is_gangster
    Options
    Hey, I'm a fellow Aussie with about the same to lose- anyone is welcome to add me :) Best of luck everyone! Xx
  • soniaf
    soniaf Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am in Melbourne and have 20 kg to lose. I have sent random friend invites to various people in this thread. I have done this a couple of times before, and started off really well then lost it! I hope to be more consistent this time.
  • sarinajane
    sarinajane Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Fellow Aussie here looking to make some new MFP friends :) Feel free to add me and good luck on your weight-loss journeys!
  • kkcrone
    kkcrone Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Also in Adelaide with a chunk to lose! feel free to add me :smile: