Cut, bulk or maintain?

Options
So i have lost about 11 kilos and went down from 80 to 69. I still dont have visible abs but i really want abs but at the same time i dont want a really really skinny body so im no sure wether i should still cut or maintain or bulk up. I feel like going below 70 kilos is "too skinny"
Please let me know what you all thinks
Im a 176 cm male, do weights 4 times a week with 3-4 days cardio.
Thanks a lot

Replies

• Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Maintain, but that's based on personal preference. Others may like a different look.

Congrats on what you've achieved so far.
  • drew87d
    drew87d Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    The main questions to ask yourself are where do you want to be. Where do you see yourself? How do you want to see yourself? Figure that out and you have your answer :) good luck!
  • crb426
    crb426 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I would suggest maintaining for a while. Just let your body get used to your new form for a bit. Then you can focus on cutting or bulking.
  • hamlet1222
    hamlet1222 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    that's a tough one and I sympathize, for me it's pretty much either visible abs and a gaunt skinny face, or a 'healthier' looking face and a bit of belly fat.

Have you checked your body fat %? You need around 10% for visible abs. I recommend the mike matthews videos on youtube, he advocates cycles of cutting down to 8% body fat, then bulking until 15% bf, then cutting again, and so on.
  • kianrashidi123
    kianrashidi123 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Yeah well i dont have visible abs but i feel like my abdominals isnt my greatest strenght so that could be the reason.