Day two... I'm STARVING

Options
Hello again,

So I've already lost weight but I'm hoping this website helps me get over my plateau. I have 15 more pounds to my goal weight. I'm only on day two but I am REALLY hungry. I feel like my fitnesspal might be calculating my base rate a little low as other websites have me about 200 calories higher. Maybe I just need to shrink my stomach? Has anyone else encountered this problem? Maybe I just need a few days.

Thanks!

Replies

• robertf57
    robertf57 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    If you are really starving, drink 8 to 12 ounces of water and wait 20 minutes. If you're still hungry, have a low call snack. I like broccoli or sliced bell pepper as a snack. I also LOVE chocolate PB2. I also find that exercise cuts my appetite.
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    I can't look at you diary but I would suggest eating more protein and less carbs. They spike your blood sugar and leave you starving!!!
  • johnnythebaptist
    Options
    Well MFP takes into consideration your needs based upon age, height and weight. If you do nothing you will loose weight but it will slower since you are close to your desired weight. If you do the exercise and count your calories you can eat some of your calories back and that will help you. Hope that helps you!!!
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,230 Member
    Options
    Higher protein and fiber will help. Having said that, are you eating the calories you burn in your exercise? This site bases its numbers on people not exercising. That means the calories you burn exercising are meant to be eaten. If you are hungry, that might be the reason.
  • lynnc1124
    lynnc1124 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your replies! I have a desk job so I put in sedentary (as the website said for a seated job) but I walk to work/laundromat/grocery stores etc, and walk on my lunch breaks in addition to pretty vigorous exercise for at least an hour 3-6 times per week. I'm plugging in my exercise (and definitely eating the extra calories). I'm over on my protein intake daily and at or above my fiber. The only thing I can think of is that I'm low in fat but I can't think of higher fat, low cal foods to add in? Maybe I just need to adjust to this... Should I plug in my activities like walking to work etc as exercise? I do these things every day so I don't normally count them.
  • tara_jm
    tara_jm Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I find that the fiber target was too low for me. I manually increased both my protein target (to 40%) and my fiber target (to 25g). I am typically quite a bit higher on the fiber These are just personal targets, I am not a professional.
  • vaidaz
    vaidaz Posts: 7
    Options
    I have the same problem, constantly want to eat. What helps me is increase in salads and veggies. For example, for lunch I would have 6 outer leaves of lettuce, half bell pepper, cup of cucumbers, one tbsp of some source, chicken breast or fish fillet and slice of sprouted bread. The calorie count is not so bad, but it really fills me up and I can last longer. So, for lunch and dinner I try to stick to foods like that - big quantity, but low calories.
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your replies! I have a desk job so I put in sedentary (as the website said for a seated job) but I walk to work/laundromat/grocery stores etc, and walk on my lunch breaks in addition to pretty vigorous exercise for at least an hour 3-6 times per week. I'm plugging in my exercise (and definitely eating the extra calories). I'm over on my protein intake daily and at or above my fiber. The only thing I can think of is that I'm low in fat but I can't think of higher fat, low cal foods to add in? Maybe I just need to adjust to this... Should I plug in my activities like walking to work etc as exercise? I do these things every day so I don't normally count them.
    if you set you activity level at sedentary yes plug in the walking. However if it;s part of your daily activity you may want to go up to lightly active.
  • thatalchemistgirl
    Options
    What really helped me was to : lay off the crabs, eat more fiber, and snack. Also, make sure you're eating food your body can use. I've noticed diets foods leave me wanting.