Fitbit helping to motivate me

Options
I resisted getting a Fitbit but did not refuse when I was gifted one for Christmas. In the week since I started using it I am amazed at how much I want to get in my steps. When I stand I walk back and forth and silly things like that - the steps add up and I get to see the app " go green"

Replies

• FrankWhite27330
    FrankWhite27330 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Good job.... I been doing like 13k steps a day avg. Since Christmas. I got a fitbit hr
  • lashona81
    lashona81 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Great job! I finally discovered this from a relative this past Christmas and it took a lot for me to spend $150 but it was worth it.
  • marsh5224
    marsh5224 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I received a free Fitbit through a program at work. I have been so shocked at how motivating it has been! I have increased my steps significantly in the past few months because of it and losing weight. Never would have thought it.

Keep up the good work!!
  • Donnitchell
    Donnitchell Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I got one a few days ago & on the 1st day i used it it said i had done 7,500 steps in 4.5hrs while sat down, i work on the checkout at a supermarket & it was working on my arm movement, very disappointed. :neutral:
  • BeckyD1105
    BeckyD1105 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I got one a few days ago & on the 1st day i used it it said i had done 7,500 steps in 4.5hrs while sat down, i work on the checkout at a supermarket & it was working on my arm movement, very disappointed. :neutral:

Which setting did you pick for your dominant hand? Maybe try wearing it on your nondominant with the dominant setting turned on so that it isn't as sensitive to the movement.
  • Donnitchell
    Donnitchell Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    It's on my non-dominant hand, i shall try setting it on dominant to see if that makes any difference.
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    That's great! I have a step and activity tracker on my phone, and it does help motivate me to get in more steps, when I remember to carry it. Over the holidays I got really lazy and gluttonous, though. I started working out again New Year's Eve, so at least I have that, if I don't meet my step goal.