FIVE LBS AT A TIME WEIGHT LOSS GOAL

Options
Happy New Year Everyone!
While open to anyone, I'm creating this forum for those looking to lose 5. 10, 15 or up to 25 pounds. I've found that typically unless one has a significant amount of weight to lose, many folks tend to be dismissive of one's goal.
So hoping those with incremental weight loss goals find this a forum to share tips, progress reports and more importantly, obstacles/challenges so we can help one another.
WE GOT THIS!!!

Replies

• RAmelia63
    RAmelia63 Posts: 32 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    My story: Looking to lose 18 by July for a destination wedding and just because at my height, 153 lbs is too much. I've hit serious plateau and keeping my carb count under 75 grams is the only thing that seems to work for me but my biggest challenge
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    Hi well I've a lot to lose. About 80. But my goal at this time is to get to 200. Which incidentally is about 6 lbs away elusive little bugger! But as I feel I am back on track I am ready to attack this goal!
  • RAmelia63
    Options
    Hi and welcome! Incremental goals are the way to go. Once you lose the first five, you'll get pumped about conquering the next five and so on.
    What's your due date for losing 80 and what are you doing to get there. Friend me if you'd like and let's share diaries, etc.
  • kathy0224
    kathy0224 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I like this approach! I have 80 to lose but am going to Maui on April 2nd. I hope to lose 20 by then, but even that seems like a lot.
  • paijing
    paijing Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I'm on board! I ideally have 10 to lose before a summer wedding, but I'll take 5 and then anything more than that is a bonus!!
  • paijing
    paijing Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Are you thinking to set up a group with regular weigh-ins? Please let us know and send us a link if so!
  • Shawnette97
    Shawnette97 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Count me in. I have a lot to lose and I've been struggling to stay motivated. My goal is to lose 80lbs. I would be happy to lose 5 and keep it off right now.
  • hufflepie
    hufflepie Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm currently aiming to break 150. Only 4 pounds away. I have no idea what my weight goal is going to be after that, but maybe tackling 5 pounds at a time will be the way to go.
  • Kittyy1994
    Kittyy1994 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I am trying to lose 10lbs to get to 128!!
  • cherrieblossom2015
    cherrieblossom2015 Posts: 8 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    5'10" and 165, planning to get down to 145-150 by June whe I stusy abroad. Struggling with pushing myself during workouts and being in a stressful situation (small cramped living arrangements with no privacy) makes losing weight harder
  • steponebyone
    steponebyone Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I'm sitting at about 162 these days. I'm 5'9. It's been a couple months at this weight. I'm looking to get to 155 about. I feel lightest and most comfortable at that weight. I just noticed the closer I get, the more my willpower likes to drift. It helps that others are feeling similar. We can do this!
  • Inner_Beauty78
    Inner_Beauty78 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Slow-and-steady wins the race is typically my personal weight loss mantra, but I'll do WHATEVER IT TAKES to get rid of these 6 pounds gained over the holiday.

I lost 30 pounds, which I kept off until Christmas, over the past year. I'd like to lose another 30 as an intermediate goal, but my mindset has changed so that the goal is daily progress measured by eating clean and dragging myself to the gym every day, rain or shine.
  • MySummerDream
    MySummerDream Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I've lost 65 pounds over all, but the last pounds are SO hard to lose....considering that I gained 10lbs during the holiday season (hahah whoops).

So my goal is:
    SW: 155
    GW: 135-140 By June.
  • RAmelia63
    Options
    Ok! Let's go for five this month each. That would be about 2 pounds per week which is recommended as sustainable/realistic. Feel free to look at my dairy and offer any tips. To shed the 10 I'm aiming for a carb max of 75 grams daily but I'm sure some weeks I'll be more compliant than others. LOL
  • RAmelia63
    Options
    I've lost 65 pounds over all, but the last pounds are SO hard to lose....considering that I gained 10lbs during the holiday season (hahah whoops).

So my goal is:
    SW: 155
    GW: 135-140 By June.

We have similar goals! My GW is 135 and I must get there before a July destination wedding I'm attending. We got this, right?
  • RAmelia63
    Options
    paijing wrote: »
    Are you thinking to set up a group with regular weigh-ins? Please let us know and send us a link if so!

I hadn't thought about it but sounds like a great idea! Happy to set up something through Facebook if that works for folks. We can then also share recipes, tips, etc unless there is a better way to do this.
    Definitively want to pursue that. It helps a lot particularly when one goes up or stay flat to have a circle of friends offering encouragement.
  • RAmelia63
    Options
    paijing wrote: »
    I'm on board! I ideally have 10 to lose before a summer wedding, but I'll take 5 and then anything more than that is a bonus!!

That's the spirit!
  • RAmelia63
    Options
    You can do this Kittyy1994.

• madtsara
    madtsara Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Like Shawnette97, I'm struggling to stay motivated to even begin what seems like an impossible task. I think that I can focus on 5 pounds at a time!
  • barrysu
    barrysu Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Looking to lose 10 but that has been my story for five years! Lost 9 at one point...but stopped using myfitness and it all came back. Been back on track for 12 straight days and I'm starting to lose. My goal is one pound per week...or 10 weeks to get it off! Keep me inspired gang!