I Just Want To Get Fit

Options
There. Nothing special. That's it. For a while I felt like the ugly duckling besides my guy friends (one has major six packs!) and the pool party two weeks ago got me real jealous.

My friend, Gabby, then mentioned that she wanted to drop 5 pounds and so I thought quickly. "Let's race" I said. "All fair, no starving yourself, just exercise." and soon, after walks together and me doing pilates at home, we realized we don't want to lose weight but to gain muscle!

Losing weight is only the icing on the cake.

Is there anyone out there with a similar goal? Just a regular person wanting to get a good feeling from the exercise or someone pining for self-confidence... I'd like to meet you. :smile:

Replies

• stefraab
    stefraab Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Yep, that's me! I just want to feel good and gain some confidence.

Good luck! You can do it :)
  • Playvet
    Playvet Posts: 6
    Options
    I know Bev, believe me I do. But you knew that! These last few days have made me feel great. I use to suck in my stomach whenever I was around you or the guys, especially Ben or Andrew (for those of you that don't know, Andrew is the six-pack guy bev talked about and Ben literally has no fat and is pretty strong for his skininess).

I realized when I looked in the mirror today that I wasn't sucking in at all, I feel confident. My friends have even started noticing my personality blossum also. I use to just take the hits that came at me, but now I fight fire with fire. It just truly shows that if you feel great about yourself it shows to the whole world:flowerforyou:
  • aLatz13
    aLatz13 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hey we have almost the exact same goal! I'm trying to spend this summer getting active and eating healthy so I can wow all my friends when we go back to school this fall. I've never been overweight, just never confident with myself and feel like I have room to improve!