Need Carb Help!!!

Options
Anyone else struggle with not consuming enough carbs? Is it really that important? Every day I seem to exceed my daily protein goal but I am way under when it comes to carbs. I am trying to stick with whole foods, little to no processed foods, and little to no sugar. Any recommendations or tips? Greatly appreciated!!!

Replies

• Forensic
    Forensic Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Sounds fine to me....

I tend to eat more toward protein and less carbs. If you really want to add carbs, add the natural ones in veggies. :smile:
  • EmilyQC
    EmilyQC Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Wheatberries..... look them up, they are litterally the most natural form of wheat. They are high in protein, iron and carbs. (but not too high) I make a batch for the week and mix them up and make greek feta salad or waldorf salad. They taste great! http://www.doctorgrandmas.com/recipes/wheat-berry-recipes/page/3/
  • WWhitaker
    WWhitaker Posts: 309
    Options
    Bananas are full of carbs!
  • Bethany28
    Bethany28 Posts: 263
    Options
    Anyone else struggle with not consuming enough carbs? Is it really that important? Every day I seem to exceed my daily protein goal but I am way under when it comes to carbs. I am trying to stick with whole foods, little to no processed foods, and little to no sugar. Any recommendations or tips? Greatly appreciated!!!

I think your plan sounds great. No need to add carbs unless they are natural ones like veggies and fruit.
  • jgdragonfly411
    Options
    I think it's ok to fall a little under, but bear in mind that carbohydrates are what your brain uses for fuel. I.E. carbs = smarts. You should try to get them in complex form, so things like oatmeal, 100% whole grain breads or pastas, fruits, vegetables, yogurts. Etc.