Want to lose last 21lb despite having gastric band it ain't shifting.

Options
Hi I'm Gilly from UK (Blackpool) having successfully lost 55lb when I had my band back in 2011 which took me 2 years , the last 2 years I've kind of stayed the same which is good in 1 way I know but it's not my target & my BMI is about 30. I've tried alsorts to shift the last 21lb to get me to my target but all I do is lose a couple /put a couple on / lose a couple / put a couple on... Hence same weight give or take a lb.

With the band my portions are small & my calorie allowance on here is 1350 WoW think I only manage normally about 900-1000 a day , so is it possible I'm not eating enough?? Which may account for when I went on an all inclusive holiday last month for 2weeks.... Ate more ,Ate regularly (breaki,lunch&dinner) & drank the all inc cocktails lol ......& came back & LOST 2lb !! Couple weeks later after getting back to my normal pattern of not eating much the 2lb went back on ??

So a friend told me about my fitness pal & I'll give it a go to see if I'm eating enough
I've just had 2dry fried egg yolks (as don't like the white) & slice of dry toast 190cals..... Here to 2016 & hopefully achieving my goal.

Replies

• tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    Is it possible you were way more active while on holiday, therefore, weight lost?
  • Rainbowmum326
    Rainbowmum326 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've just had my band fixed (port broke)and I go for a fill on the 7th Jan. I've lost 4stones so far and am really looking forward to the rest coming off. I'm focusing on healthy food but cheese is a weakness.
    Good luck xx
  • ejdp254
    ejdp254 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    If you search the groups you'll find lots of support groups for people who have had or are planning surgery, probably more helpful to you x good luck
  • Gilly130
    Gilly130 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Is it possible you were way more active while on holiday, therefore, weight lost?
    Not really just a lot of sunbathing & relaxing . Much more active at home as I run my own BnB always on the go.
  • pollypocket1021
    pollypocket1021 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Alcohol can be dehydrating and can cause a brief dip in the number on the scale, which is water weight, not fat loss, which is probably what happened after that party.

Welcome to MFP. You'll find a lot of very smart, helpful people in the forums. I would recommend posting your questions in the weight loss forum.