Holiday weight

Options
I do this every year. My husband takes off 2 weeks every year. I do pretty well during the day when it is just me making choices during the year. With him here all bets are off. I put on almost 10 pounds. Last year I went below my normal weight by 10 pounds. So it isn't do bad. How much weight did you gain over the holidays since October 31.

Replies

• kat_williams
    kat_williams Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I gained 5 lbs... In two weeks :(
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    Since October 31, I've lost about 8 lbs. I'd been able to continue to eat well and keep active.

Then Christmas came and I just went crazy through Jan 1. I got on the scale yesterday and was up 5 lbs for the week. I just got on the scale and have list almost 3 lbs of that water weight. I should have the rest off in a few more days, then will continue on with what is now my new normal way of life.

Did you notice that I said I was "up 5 lbs" instead of "gained 5 lbs"? I knew it was mostly water so it don't consider it a gain and didn't let it bother me.
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    10 lbs here. Had two weeks off and spent all of it sitting on the sofa. It was awesome. :)
    But back to business now.
  • starfish235
    starfish235 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I lost my thanksgiving weight with in the week. I was good until the week before Christmas. Tomorrow everyone is back at work so I will be good..... Tomorrow.
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    November 1 @ 195#s. December 31 191.4#s. Hit a plateau at around 191.
    Nov 14 191,
    Nov 21 190.2,
    Nov 29 194.4 ;-)
    Dec 5 190.6
    Dec 12 191.2
    Dec 19 190.4
    Dec 31 191.4.

Now to move forward into the new year. 190 being my goal weight, been awfully close for a while.
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I lost 6# from Oct 31 to Jan 1st. Usually I gain 10# and although I had lots of "bad days" in Dec. just kept logging and counting and ended up losing 3# a month, which is par for the course. One more month to GW and I don't want to plateau now.

Doing challenges really helped me get through those tough two months. I was in a challenge from the end of August to the end of Dec. and about 100 started it and only 3 or 4 finished it. I also did the Hogwarts challenge, which was great and really kept my head in the game. I did a little 3 day challenge from right after Christmas, as that has also been an iffy time for me.
  • starfish235
    starfish235 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I lost 2 of my 8 pounds when i weighed this morning.I was very good yesterday however I wasn't right at the 1200 calories that I usually have to eat when trying to get back to goal weight.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    From my last weigh-in before Halloween until the Monday after Christmas, 15.4 pounds. Yeah, I really didn't care.

From last Monday through today, though, I've lost 4.2. Granted TOM happened in there, but it's still pretty to see.
  • lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I gained 5 lbs... In two weeks :(

This is me as well:(
  • eep223
    eep223 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I shot up about 5 pounds. I'm trying to drink lots of water and move more. I have to think at least some of it is water weight.