What do you eat for lunch (lower carb)?

Options
ladybug1620
ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
Need some lunch ideas! I'm getting kind of tired of the same old everything. I usually have salad with some cucumber and avocado, topped with either tuna, low sodium lunch meat, grilled chicken or turkey. What else could I be eating that is easy to prepare, bring to work, and is cheap??

Replies

• JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    CRACK

Really though

4 black olives diced
    1/4 red tomatoe diced
    1/4 green pepper diced
    40z of chicken breast diced
    1 cup of broccoli

Before I used to add like 1/2 oz of wheat pasta, 1/8 a cup of grated parmesian cheese and a small small amount of pasta sauce.
  • sportsjunkee70
    sportsjunkee70 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I like to make some low sodium Tuna and instead of eating it with bread I like to eat it with some Special K Savory Herb Crackers. 17 crackers have 14g of carbs... if that is too many carbs for you then I also like to eat the tuna on sticks of celery.
  • crazymama2two
    Options
    how about you throw all that goodness inot a low carb wrap - and even the flavored ones like tomato or spinach or somethign like that? i like those wraps but not everyone does - just an idea?
  • FoamyRiver
    FoamyRiver Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Whenever I am at a plateau I can usually over come it by cutting my carbs. What has worked best for me has been spicy beef jerky and a stick of light string cheese. At first I was concerned about the jerky because of the sodium but when I looked, it didn't have as much as the sandwich I'd been having. And if I have spicy jerky I tend to drink more water.
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    how about you throw all that goodness inot a low carb wrap - and even the flavored ones like tomato or spinach or somethign like that? i like those wraps but not everyone does - just an idea?
    Did not think about that. Excellent my friend.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    throw some crab in the salad instead...and I use rene's cucumber and dill dressing on top
  • MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I just had grilled chicken on top of a mess of romaine, topped with some Frank's Buffalo Wing Sauce and some bleu cheese dressing.

Hummus with cucumber and sugar snap peas/snow peas for dipping. Wraps like the bodacious CM2 mentioned. Finn Crisp crackers and Rondele or some other sorts of cheese.
  • determined3138
    Options
    How about a healthy taco salad - taco meat (extra lean ground beef, taco seasoning, organic tomato sauce), red peppers, romaine, avocado, tomatoes, salsa (I love the Trader Joe's Organic Tomatillo Roasted Yellow Chili Salsa, only 10 calories for 2 T)
  • colleenkeenan
    colleenkeenan Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    -egg white omelet with salsa
    -brown rice with canned chicken and salsa
    -Qunoia with canned chicken and salsa

:) whenever i get bored with my usual salad and canned meat I go to some kind of protein with salsa. Quick, easy, and spicy..
  • photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Leftover dinner. :smile:
  • determined3138
    Options
    Thai Chicken Salad - chicken, napa cabbage, cilantro, mung bean sprouts, shredded cucumber. I make dressing with natural peanut butter, soy sauce, fresh lime juice, red pepper flakes; blend well top with roasted peanuts if you'd like.
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I tend to go for omelettes when I want a "mostly protein - hardly any carbs" meal. It's either that or grilled chicken with veggies. For my omelette I use 1 yolk with 3-4 whites, and add spinach, tomatoe, mushroom, or whatever veggies I have on hand. Delish :)
  • heatherfrancis
    Options
    I usually have a small low carb wrap, smoked ham lunch meat and a little shredded cheese. I put it on the microwave for about 25 seconds and have a low carb hot ham and cheese wrap. Today I mixed mustard into my tuna pouch and put that into my wrap.
    I go home for lunch so I like to throw chicken breasts in the crock pot and when I get home a few hours later they are nice and tender so I shred them up and eat either plane or in a wrap or on lettuce and spinach with a oil and vinegar dressing. I have a sweet tooth so i end my meal with sugar free jello and a spray of light whipped topping or sugar free jello cups with the whipped topping. For veggies I like steam fresh frozen green beans or broccoli that I can throw in the microwave. I hope this helps.
  • heatherfrancis
    Options
    I also eat a TON of peanuts and almonds. Thats where most of my fat grams come from, while still staying in my calorie/carb range.