Any "bigger" gals that have tried Kayla Itsines program (Bikini Body Guide)?

Options
Hey ladies,

So I'm by no means a fitness buff, but I do enjoy exercising and have been on a good streak lately. I've heard a lot of good things about the BBG program but I'm wondering if it's easier to see results on slimmer bodies than on those of us who still have a few pounds to lose. I'm currently teetering on entering back in to the 190's and I'm just wondering if I should stick with my current regime and shed a few more pounds before I really start in with a program like BBG... thoughts?

Replies

• labellanota
    labellanota Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey mighty!

Don't be deterred by weight and shapes. The reason why it's easy to see on slimmer bodies is that there isn't as much work needed compared to heavier bodies. I weighed in yesterday at 220.5, I rounded to 221 but didn't use a house scale but the industrial old fashioned metal one in the gym. I found my home scale is about 10 pounds off sadly.

I have started BBG 3 times and Monday is my 4th time, and I am determined to finish the entire guide this time. The hardest thing I have trouble with is the Burpees so I modify to plank into mountain climbers and hold for 15 seconds.
  • tallbold
    tallbold Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Agree with⬆️⬆️. I was close to 250 when I start W1 of BBG. I am now 238ish and going on w7 starting tomorrow. I looked at a lot of people doing it on IG (Instagram) and there were some more average girls and I could see lots of changes. I feel SO much stronger with BBG so it's great.