Low carb, no egg breakfast ideas

I've been having a difficult time coming up with low carb breakfast ideas. I am trying to keep my carbohydrates low and breakfast seems to be the most difficult. I don't eat eggs so that limits the options for breakfast that have high fibre/protein to keep me full. Any ideas for breakfast that are low carb but not eggs?

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Protein shake. Flax porridge. Bacon, sausage and veg.
  • booboo68
    booboo68 Posts: 302 Member
    Greek yogurt with berries. Delish!
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Bacon lettuce tomato avocado wraps.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Cottage cheese
    Overnight oats
    Protein cookies
    Cottage cheese pancakes
    Fruit salad
    Pb on apples
    Sausage skillets
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Today I had bacon and bullet proof coffee. Not a carb in sight. ;)
  • albatrosssherpa
    albatrosssherpa Posts: 63 Member
    I have an egg allergy so I have to omit eggs from breakfast. I take ground pork (it's super cheap) and make faux sausage patties with it. It has to be healthier than regular sausage. I generally eat it on a whole grain english muffin but the muffin could be omitted to save carbs.
  • OyGeeBiv
    OyGeeBiv Posts: 733 Member
    Tuna salad, on sliced cucumbers (instead of on crackers)

"Pizza" made with large portobello mushroom caps, cooked for a little while till soft, then topped with pizza sauce and mozz cheese (and meat and veg if you like). Cook the mushroom caps in the microwave to soften, then drain and cook the rest of the way in a toaster oven or broiler till the cheese is melty.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Bacon and yellow squash or broccoli.
  • MatildaMae125
    MatildaMae125 Posts: 2 Member
    64crayons wrote: »
    Tuna salad, on sliced cucumbers (instead of on crackers)

"Pizza" made with large portobello mushroom caps, cooked for a little while till soft, then topped with pizza sauce and mozz cheese (and meat and veg if you like). Cook the mushroom caps in the microwave to soften, then drain and cook the rest of the way in a toaster oven or broiler till the cheese is melty.

Love this idea
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    I love portabello pizzas yum! Anything you eat at other times of the day can be had for breakfast.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Forget breakfast food. I used to have leftover meat with some veg or a salad with protein until I got back into eggs.
  • Quiltingforyou
    Quiltingforyou Posts: 18 Member
    I've made ahead of time my oatmeal cereal with yummy/healthy ingredients and then I will have a greek yogurt.
  • Quiltingforyou
    Quiltingforyou Posts: 18 Member
    Lemurcat 12, did that very thing this morning, finished my last nights dinner salad and chicken.