Looking for motivational buddy!

Options
Hey all
I'm fairly new to MFP but have been working on my weight/health for several weeks now. I haven't had any luck finding a mentor in the "getting started" tab, so I noticed a few posts here with success!
Pref female with the same weight goal loss of 20-30 pounds/and weight lifting in the future
Just need some motivation!!!!
Thanks for reading

Replies

• ChocFiend
    ChocFiend Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Hi there.....what are your goals? Maybe we could motivate each other. I'm 5ft 9ins tall with about 20lb to lose. I want to get back to lifting but currently have a broken foot
  • wannabefitmom1
    wannabefitmom1 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    @ChocFiend
    Bummer about the foot, I'm sorry!
    I want to start mildly lifting after 15 pounds lost or so But overall just eat cleaner, and have more energy to workout longer!
  • ChocFiend
    Options
    Where are you based? I'm in the uk
  • wannabefitmom1
    Options
    Us- florida
  • ChocFiend
    Options
    I'll add you I have an open food diary too x
  • BEBR2014
    BEBR2014 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Good morning. Motivation and support are both great things when trying to lose the weight and starting a new fitness routine (or going back to an old one). have you picked out a certain diet or overall just eating healthier? Do you have a trainer or a plan, or just getting started putting it all together? I sent you a request, post here or message me, I am in a similar situation, lost 6 lbs so far, but really want to focus more on the workout, toning and sculpting long and lean muscles.

I wish you lots of success to your 2016 start.
  • janewarrington1
    janewarrington1 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Ooh, same as me! i want to lose around 20lbs and to start including weights in my exercise schedule!! I'll add now, good luck ☺
  • bestisyettocome2016
    Options
    I'm in a similar situation. 20lbs overweight. Needing motivation and support. I'll send you a friend request. Let's do it together.
  • ChocFiend
    Options
    My goal is 20lb too (she says after eating birthday cake)
  • wannabefitmom1
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I'll make my diary public too...although it's pretty dang boring! Lol I love the accountability I feel after tracking a meal but love the support on here even more! I'm the type that will be the first to push someone to achieve what they want but tend to not push myself as hard as I should. Cheers to everyone wanting to make a change I look forward to keeping up and chatting with everyone
  • laurasaintlouis
    laurasaintlouis Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Hello. I have been doing this for a while and need to start again and need some support. I am getting serious this time. Thanks.
  • wannabefitmom1
    Options
    @ChocFiend I hear ya! I just ordered my daughters birthday cake for next weekend and I'm already dreaming of it lol especially after how much I had to pay for it
  • nukephysicist
    nukephysicist Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I'm always looking to help and be helped. We need to keep each other accountable. Log EVERYTHING no matter how embarrassing. It works. It keeps you on track. Anyway, I'm open to new friends so add me if you like. Short goal is ten lbs, medium is 20, and long is