5 lbs down 95 to go

Options
I joined a week ago today..been lurking for a week. decided to make my first post .. My name is Joe, 55 years old.and very much overweight...the last straw was a photo of myself with my great nephew Christmas eve, that my lovely wife took of him and I... she showed it to me and said i looked nice in my new shirt.... Sigh.. i hardly recognized the fat man sitting in that chair... it was not the same guy i saw in the mirror every morning..Sadly it was and i just had to take control of the situation...Soooo here i am... new fitbit charge on my wrist and new account here.. I have cut all added sugar and salt( real salt FIEND) and all carbs...and i started walking...adding more steps each day....pushing myself a little more each day... first week ended today ... i got on the scale after work this morning...held my breath... think i actually closed my eyes and stepped on the scale..... 5 lbs... i lost 5 lbs in a week... WOW!!! i have to tell you ,IT FEELS GREAT!!!! ...I AM NOT GIVING IN and I AM NOT GIVING UP!! ... if i can do it, everyone can...l truly wish everyone success .... I'm in it for the long haul.

Replies

• Mercadeze
    Mercadeze Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Congrats. Wish you all the best on your wieghtloss journey.
  • jlsc1867
    jlsc1867 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Great start!! You can do this
  • Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    A journey of 1000 miles begins with a single step.

Good for you for taking a first step.
  • amandapierce0515
    amandapierce0515 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    You can do it! As soon as I started seeing the scale move, I was hooked! Now I log every day and I weigh myself almost every day! It is an addictive feeling!
  • kss1231
    kss1231 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Great job! Don't get discouraged on your journey to a healthy life when the scale doesn't budge. I big loss at the beginning is normal since it is mostly water weight. 1-2 lbs per week is normal and a huge success. Don't deprive yourself either. You can continue to eat the foods you love, just smaller portions. Deprivation will only result in you feeling like you have failed. Keep up the good work! :-)
  • tjmuehe
    tjmuehe Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Great job. Just remember your WHY at all times. Happy NEW Year!!
  • bubbajoe1066
    bubbajoe1066 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Been awhile since i wrote anything... first off thank you for the kind comments and encouragment. Well ,It has been exactly 36 days today since i started....I am very happy to report that as of this morning i have lost 20 lbs...I am averaging just over 13k steps per day..my knees feel better and my acid reflux has all but vanished.OH and i'm am not struggling to put my socks on... yeah!!

this process works... it really does... no fad diet, not pills ,powders or potions...no points..nothing... just calories in and calories out..... pretty simple..DO MORE ,EAT LESS.

20 lbs down.... 80 to go.

see you in a month