p90x plus

Options
Has anyone done this? I finished p90x lean and tried restarting in classic a couple of times but never got past the first half. So I got the plus dvds and am starting that lean schedule. So far it seems pretty tough - tougher than the original, but the workouts are shorter (except abs/core +). Just wondering if anyone has completed both an original version and a plus version and what your thoughts are on the differences, results, etc...

Replies

• jbucci1186
    jbucci1186 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I JUST started this (I am two days into week 2). I LOVEEEE it WAY more than P90X because Tony Horton is MUCH less annoying and he doesn't screw around between moves and talk/waste time It's very fast paced and I just can't say it enough- i LOVE it. I agree that it's more intense, I like that I am in pain for a couple days after doing the upper/total body workouts haha

The Kenpo Cardio plus is SOOOO much fun and it goes by really fast. It is my favorite one. The first time I did it, I was surprised when it was over so I just restarted the workout haha... better to perfect the moves as soon as possible, right?

I did P90X-Doubles routine twice through, and I was incredibly pleased with the results. I ordered Plus because I was getting kind of bored with the original, plus a lot of the workouts (except plyometrics) got pretty "easy" for me. I'm doing the classic this time because it incorporates DVDs from P90X as well. I also was happy that there was no plyometrics dvd in the plus haha... the Interval Plus is sooo much less... dreadful? I don't know, I just love-hated plyo so much, I always dreaded that day... but felt great after.

I honestly like ab ripper better than abs/core, but mostly because I still don't own a pull up bar and can't do some of those hanging moves.

Have you done kenpo cardio yet?

sorry- i know you're already doing it, but I had these DVDs sitting there for almost a month because I was either afraid or lazy, I don't know which, but now that I started it, I am just in love with it. Overly, perhaps.

Let me know how that goes! I've never done the lean routine.

Good luck!
  • lucylorelei
    lucylorelei Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info!

I like these better too so far (except for the built-in Bowflex infomercials).

Kenpo Cardio + is tomorrow, and I am very excited. Kenpo was my favorite in the original. I am glad you liked it. I had heard some bad reviews, but I will reserve judgment till I actually do it myself.

OMG - I HATED Plyometrics, but that could be because I work out on a concrete floor. Intervals was great, and I actually like Abs/Core more than ARx.

Keep it up! Impressed with your progress!