Marathon

Options
anyone else training for a marathon? I am running the most i have ever run in my life today. Headed out in about 5 minutes. 11 miles is a lot for me. I think it will give me a little bit of an idea of how it will feel. Yes, I know i will have about 16 more miles after the first 11 but it just seems like a lot right now. We will see how i feel and what happens. If anyone else is training or has trained, do you have any tips for me?

Replies

• MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    So when is your marathon?

I've done several HMs personally and have three marathons planned for this year.
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    Your strategy for training/racing will depend a lot on your fitness level and your timeframe.

So yeah, when is the race, and how many miles are you currently running a week? How long have you been running?
  • Geordiegal08
    Geordiegal08 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hey there, I'm also training for my first marathon. It's in April and up to now I've only ever done 2 half maras (the last of which was over a year ago) so I agree, 11 miles is a lot for some of us! My strategy is to plug away at it, doing 1 big run per week at the minute where I'm up to about 8 miles. Think I need to step it up soon but that should be easier now Xmas is out the way! Add me as a friend if you like, we could try to help each other?
  • ecr73
    ecr73 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm
    Doing my first marathon in April. I've done 2 1/2's before but a little while ago. I did 11 miles today. The weather was cold, wet and windy but I did it! I'm hoping it will get easier...maybe?!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I am, currently training for one at the end of February (second one ever, but first since 2005, so it might as well be the first, although I've done a number of 1/2s). Check out the long distance runners group for good advice and motivation: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/94-long-distance-runners