just retrying again

Options
was doing well and then restarted stress eating which of course led to weight gain. putting too much on plate and eating too fast. trying to slow down. need support in walking steps at work as that is the only exercise i am getting right now. suggestions?

Replies

• KathyApplebaum
    KathyApplebaum Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    One trick I use is to eat about 2/3 of my lunch, and then go for a brisk walk around the office park where I work. If I'm still hungry when I get back, I give myself permission to eat the rest of what I brought, but 95% of the time I just needed some time to register the full feeling. I get a good walk in as a bonus.
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Park as far away as possible from every place you go.
  • 1bigbird1
    1bigbird1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Can you go for a walk round the corner during lunch or before you get into the car/train home. With food - I have a bottle of weak dilute on my desk when I'm hungry I have a drink & it usually passes in 5 mind. If not I'll have a grape or blueberry - but sometimes you need to eat just in control & without guilt. Be strong - you're human
  • paisley55
    paisley55 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    steps at work are good, I guess all I can say is try to do more of them, but that's easier said than done. I do coffee runs for my co-workers. Since the coffee is a flight of stairs away I get in a few extra that way. Keep doing whatever you can. I work in a cubicle, so I try to stretch when I can to get the blood flowing. At least you're trying! Keep it up.
  • NuggetLovesEdie
    NuggetLovesEdie Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Good for you for getting back, Greyhoundskinny. I've been chipping away at this for about 5 years now. I find it's not how much I stop, but how many times I start again.

One suggestion I picked up from elsewhere is to make sure I do a 5 minute break for every hour I'm sitting. And use that time to walk to the furthest possible bathroom or water or just do a lap around the downstairs then the upstairs.

Also, I do a brisk 20 min walk or so before I eat my lunch, and again in the afternoon for about 10-15 minutes most days. I also like Kathy's idea of taking a break in the eating of lunch.

Do you have to drive to work or are you able to take public transit or walk? If you take transit, can you get off a couple of stops earlier than you need?

The other thing I do when I am able is prepare most of my food for the week ahead of time. For example, today I'm making some soup (http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/collard_green_black_eyed_pea_soup.html) minus the bread, and will ladle it up on top of some polenta that's chilling in the fridge. I'll keep a couple in the fridge for Mon/Tues, and the rest in the freezer. Over time I build up a cache of freezer meals for the weekends when I don't get to cook.