Blender Recommendations?

Options
I've started making more soups that I can keep in the freezer. I prefer creamy, pureed vegetable soups rather than chunks of meat, noodles, and veggies floating in broth. However, my food processor doesn't get the pureed consistency that I'm looking for, and my old, second-hand blender has died.

For those of you who do smoothies and purees, what kind of blender do you use? I need something that can take a bit of a beating, as I'll be making both soups and baby food on an almost daily basis. I looked at the Ninja Master Prep (QB900B) on Amazon and it had good reviews, but I'd like input from anyone who has a blender they use frequently and likes it.

Replies

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I have a vitamix. It could purée a hockey puck. LOL I really like it but it was quite pricey.
  • huango
    huango Posts: 1,007 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Make a good investment on either a Vitamix (which I have) or a Blendtec.

I love the Vitamix tamper: that thing can get anything moving, w/out having to pick the thing up to shake things to get the ingredients to move around.
    I use mine almost everyday for about 3years now and still going strong.

I've used the Ninja Bullet and the Nutri Ninja Blender Duo and they are cumbersome to use and not very effective, especially when you use a lot of ice (to make frozen banana ice cream) or dry chunks (like to make coconut butter).

Cleaning is easy.
    An easy rinse, or put in some water/dab of soap and blend it up, and rinse out.

You can find refurbished ones for almost half the price.
    I got mine new from Amazon lightning deal.

Think long-term. Once you get this one, you won't have to keep replacing the non-effective ones, which can add up over time.

Amanda
  • Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I have a Nutribullet. You can use it to make salsa, hummus and soups and it's much cheaper than a Vitamix. I love mine. Unlike the poster above, I don't have issues with ice. Maybe it depends on how much you put it. It's not meant to act like an ice machine, it's meant to blend fruits and veggies.
  • E_Brault
    E_Brault Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I did a lot of research and watched You Tube reviews. I bought myself a Vitamix s55 - it is a personal blender. The only difference between the s55 and larger models is volume and the larger models will kneed bread.

It was expensive, but I consider it an investment in myself.

Good luck with your choice. Would love to hear which brand and model you chose.
  • huango
    huango Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I like the ninja too!
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Love my Ninja!
  • 0murtagh0
    0murtagh0 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I have a ninja too its amazing ultra blend even blends seeds best thing i bought in a long time
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    I love my ninja professional :)
  • MaddyT122
    MaddyT122 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Love my Ninja!
  • sthoma13
    sthoma13 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I love my mini magic bullet! I use it for frothy coffee coolers mostly but have made some guac and other things!
  • FaylinaMeir
    FaylinaMeir Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I have a vitamix and it's great but If I had to do it over again I'd but a blendtec because the bottle of the jars are wider and don't require the tamper or scraping the sides down when you're blending thick liquids. I didn't like the Ninja blender. Yes vitamix or blendtec are expensive but I've had mine for 8 years and it works like new still
  • KellieTru
    KellieTru Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I hemmed and hawwed about buying a Vitamix for years. The price was the major deterrent. My hubby got sick of me talking about it and bought it for my birthday a few years ago. I absolutely love it and wish I could have bought it years ago. It's too bad it's so expensive but it'll work for a long, long time. As I recall, he got it from Costco and it was a better deal there.
  • ianfish458
    ianfish458 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Vitamix. Just love it. Amazing machine. Worth every penny.
  • NJGamerChick
    NJGamerChick Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    For hot stuff, I love my immersion blender. I don't need to pour hot liquids and I don't need to worry about venting hot liquids in a blender. I use mine mostly for sauce and soups. It's very easy to clean since a couple blitzes in hot soapy water gets everything off. I have a regular Oster blender for smoothies and drinks.
  • FittKatt
    FittKatt Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Love my Nutri bullet....
    But thinking of getting the new Pro!!! Quick & easy and does everything!!
  • Kyrenora
    Kyrenora Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • ggirls08
    ggirls08 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have a Vitamix as well. We use it 2 to 4 times a day.
  • bonsai89
    bonsai89 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have a $20 Oster from Walmart that works surprisingly awesome, for those of you who are cheap like me. :D