Hello

Options
Hi everyone,

My name is Claudette. I was introduced to this site by someone on sparkpeople.com. I just visited my doctor today. I need to work very hard at losing weight. I have about 150 lbs. to lose, so it will be a long battle. I recognize that it isn't a short-term fix. It's a lifestyle change and a lifelong committment. I'm excited about living a healthier life, a longer life, and a fuller life.

But I cannot do this alone. I wonder if any of you would help me. Your challenges and successes are what I need to push me along another day. One day at a time will be my motto. If you see yourself able to cheer me on, please write. I would love to meet you in this virtual world.

Anxiously waiting,

Claudette :flowerforyou:

Replies

• C110266Chris♥
    Options
    Hi Claudette! I am new too! This site is wonderful if you use it and treat it like your friend :0)

Add me if you like.

Chris :smile:
  • MarthasMum
    MarthasMum Posts: 26
    Options
    Hiya and welcome. The site is terrific. I'll send a friend request. x
  • meparker56
    meparker56 Posts: 36
    Options
    Hello Claudette, I also have about 150 lbs to lose so I understand what you are talking about. This is a great site for support! Friend request on it's way! :smile:
  • beamishcas
    beamishcas Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Hi Claudette, Welcome. Feel free to add me as a friend. MFP a great place to be.
  • prissa1960
    prissa1960 Posts: 19
    Options
    Hi Claudette. Welcome to MFP. You can do it. I have 100lbs to lose. We will do it together. :happy:
  • avonchik
    avonchik Posts: 106
    Options
    Hi You are not alone i need to lode that much too!! You will get tons of support here Welcome!!:smile:
  • CLAUDEM
    CLAUDEM Posts: 12
    Options
    Hi Chris,

Thanks for your response. I will try to get the most out of this site. It's so nice to start out with friends. :flowerforyou:

Claude
  • CLAUDEM
    Options
    Hi Martha,

Glad you think so highly of this site. It's my first experience with it. Isn't it wonderful that it's free? Thank you for the friend request.

Claude :flowerforyou:
  • CLAUDEM
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hi,

You've been here since February? How have you done so far? I am hoping to lose 1-2 lbs. a week. I have to be out of town for the next few days for job training. It happens that my sister lives close to Sudbury, so she is picking me up. I'm going to attend my first Zumba class. She started out at a size 20 and is now a 14. I'm so proud of her.

• CLAUDEM
    Options
    Hi Chris,

Congratulations on your 17 lb. weight loss. That's terrific! What program are you following? Are you just making sure to stay within your allotted calorie count?

Claude :flowerforyou: :
  • CLAUDEM
    Options
    Hi Prissa,

Thanks for adding me as a friend. It's nice to know I am not alone on this long journey. I saw my doctor today, and I told him of my weight loss plan including this website. He's happy to see I'm getting proactive about my health. You joined this month? How are you doing?

• CLAUDEM
    Options
    Hi,

From your profile ID, I take it you sell Avon. So does my daughter. How long have you been on the program? How are you doing?

• PeaceLoveStrength
    PeaceLoveStrength Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Welcome!