Water and Calories

Options
I have been drinking the recommended 8 cups of water for the past three days and I'm finding that its impossible for me to eat all of my recommended calories. Often times I'm not hungry and when I do get hungry I can only eat a little and I'm stuffed. Am I the only one having this problem? Any suggestions

Replies

• jbucci1186
    jbucci1186 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Were you originally a big water drinker? If not, that could be what is keeping you full.

I drink quite a bit more than 8 cups per day and I'm pretty much hungry 24/7 but I've also been a huge water drinker basically my entire life, so that could be why.
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I drink more than the recommended amount of water too. Try not drinking with your meal. Wait 30 minutes before or after, that might help.
  • ScorpioDiva81
    ScorpioDiva81 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    No I've neverbeen a big water drinker. I use to hate it actually ;/ I've been doing 4-5 cups a day but recently kicked it up to 8+
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    Went to a nutritionist, who said 1 cup for every 25 lbs of body weight.

So, I don't worry about forcing water.
  • jfer1977
    jfer1977 Posts: 139
    Options
    Were you originally a big water drinker? If not, that could be what is keeping you full.

I drink quite a bit more than 8 cups per day and I'm pretty much hungry 24/7 but I've also been a huge water drinker basically my entire life, so that could be why.

Agreed. Water will make you feel full. So, if you aren't used to drinking a lot of water then this would cause your feeling of fullness. I too have always drank a ton of water. So, it doesn't effect me. Your body will soon adjust. Just keep at drinking plenty of water and make sure you eat enough to get all the nutrients that you need.
  • Nelekiye
    Nelekiye Posts: 2
    Options
    Most of us are actually underhydrated and our body needs that water for optimal health. Sometimes we eat when our body is really craving water. Make sure that you are eating healthy and plan nutritious snacks. Eat smaller "meals" throughout the day. As long as you are getting the nutrients you need and are not depriving your body you should be ok. If you are concerned you might want to talk with your Dr. Remember that balance is the key to most things in life.
  • lsan1125
    lsan1125 Posts: 20
    Options
    I was never a big water drinker either and have recently up'd my water intake. I find that drinking water during a meal makes me feel full faster but then shortly after I get hungry again. So I space out my meals into smaller portions but every few hours. And yes try drinking the water before or after the meal. Hope it helps and good luck.
  • mental_release
    Options
    Don't know if this is true, but scientifically speaking water will expand starchy foods (rice, tortillas, etc). I've always wondered if that would contribute to "fullness".

--MR
  • bullriderswife08
    bullriderswife08 Posts: 207 Member
    Options

I was wondering about this. I haven't ever not been a water drinker, but now I drink WAY more than 8 glasses a day and Im always hungry. It never cures my appetite! Also, I feel thirsty non stop. I have to have water and lots of it. Sitting here doing nothing is making me soooo thirsty. Any cure for that?