I'm new...

Options
Well this is the part where I introduce myself...okay so here goes...I want to lose 100 lbs! There I said it...I have a long way to go but I will get there...I have already lost 80 so I know what I need to do but isn't it tempting to try fad things? There are some people at my work doing the Dr. Bernstein diet and losing weight so so so fast...I have to admit I am not only curious but jealous. I want to lose the weight that fast but the rational part of me knows it can't be healthy but the fat girl part of me wants to try it. Like everything will magically be great if I lose the weight? So here we go back to the original plan that I know works for the long haul eating well and exercise...oh exercise...I love it but tend to not find time to fit time in for myself to do it. I have three young boys and they keep me busy...okay have to end this here...bye!

Replies

• Jreneewright
    Options
    welcome!!! GL on you journey!! this is a great tool!!
  • franurra
    franurra Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    welcome!! feel free to ask anything here, ppl will always help you out, remember to log in everyday and record everything you eat and burn:) franx
  • bittygirl51
    bittygirl51 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi Sara! Well, I would just encourage you to shed the diet mindset. I was a Weight Watchers leader for over 4 years and recently resigned. I have maintained a 55 lb. weight loss for the entire time, but have never been able to reach my personal goal of 135. Thus my reason for being on here. I am also on Sparkpeople.com I want to get a better look at how I am spending my calories each day and see what nutrients I need and which I am going over on.

I have about 15 lbs. I am going to try to lose using MyFitnessPal. Time will tell. Good luck in your journey!
  • sbrown6
    sbrown6 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Please feel free to add me as a friend. I'm new here too and am looking to lose a grueling 70 lbs. The folks here are great and I feel so inspired and motivated.
  • nazey25
    nazey25 Posts: 7
    Options
    You rock buddy! You can do this! We'll support each other!
  • dsimon1970
    Options
    Aww Hunny.... We're gonna rock this fat out of us together! Vegas Baby! Did u know u can add sex as an excersise?? Holy Cow have I been going about this all wrong! xox
  • jenell1
    jenell1 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi I am Jenell I am 129lbs and I have lost 16lbs so far and I am hoping to loose nine more which I hear is like really really hard! I think I may have hit a plateau. Help!