Jillian Michaels: Body Revolution

Options
Hey everyone! Has anyone tried the Body Revolution by Jillian Michaels? I just got that and have Piyo as well. Which one do you think I should try first?!

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• EpiGeek40
    EpiGeek40 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I recently completed Body Revolution and I really liked it. I was basically starting off pretty out of shape (had only sporadically been walking on the treadmill for the year prior + I am over 40 female!) and I chose this video over others because it slowing progressed in how challenging it was. I also did each part for 3 weeks before moving on rather than just 2 weeks because I needed to build more strength and fitness before moving on. So after 4 1/2 total months I was down 10lbs and could see muscles I had forgotten were there! I refused to follower her ultra-low calorie system though, not sustainable nor does it help preserve lean body mass. So I ate more liberally, but tracked intake and I averaged 1,800 to 2,000 a day. I do like Jillian's style so it helped keep me motivated to challenge myself. I like the weight traingin aspects and have not moved on to a bit heavier strength focused DVDs.
  • TVISmith
    TVISmith Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I completed Body Revolution once before. I used her eating plan for a quick start to ridding my body from excess sugar and carbs. It is very low calorie intake, but the recipes were good and it was very filling. After the first week with the diet and exercise I had lost 8 pounds. Then she allows you to add in other foods and more calories. I lost a total of 22 pounds by the end of the 12 weeks. I am starting over as of Saturday January, 2, 2016 as I added a third baby to our family and want to get back in shape. I feel most comfortable doing this program. I hope once I finish I can graduate to her BodyShred as it is very difficult and I backed off to do Body Revolution again until I get stronger.