Large volume meal?

Options
Does anyone know any large volume meal? I prefer eating a huge amount of food rather than small meals throughout the day

Replies

• pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Low cal? Moderate cal? High cal?
  • kianrashidi123
    kianrashidi123 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Moderate or low preferably
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Raw veggies are good for volume. A big salad with grilled meat plus avocado on it is very good.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Fill your plate with a wide variety and colour of vegetables. Then add in any proteins you like. Add some chilli and black pepper to taste. You can have huge volumes for around 400 calories.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    - Half a bag of coleslaw mix with a serving of ground turkey and a bit of soy sauce, just cook in pan until brown
    - A bag of lettuce with random veggies (tomatoes, carrots, cucumber, peppers, whatever), a bit of cheese, and some steak or chicken (I use red wine vinegar and Dijon mustard for dressing)
    - bag of frozen veggies with a bit of parmesan, salt and pepper, and some lean meat
    - soup (just not the creamy kind obviously!)
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Definitely put whatever your eating (savory items)on a variety of leafy greens (iceberg lettuce doesn't hold up well but so many lettuces are easily available now).

If you don't want it like a salad, cook some greens and have it as a bed for your foods. There is a mild to almost spicy range of flavors in greens.

I put even a weighed portion of pasta, meat and sauce on greens in the beginning. I definitely ate in bulk and had to break a habit of needing mass quantities of food. I still occasionally want a very large meal and do these things so it fits in my daily goals.

Also small cauliflower chunks can be added to soups, chili, curries, spaghetti sauces etc. and add bulk for low calories. You can grate it or pulse it in a food chopper or processor, cook it and use it as rice or have 1 weighed serving of rice and add the grated (and still weighed for accuracy) cauliflower to it to make a much larger serving. I do recommend letting it cook in your food to soak up the flavors and it becomes unnoticeable and successful.

I don't recommend much else for cauliflower lol. There are lots of substitute ideas out there with it, but most require extensive prep and ingredients to make it almost ok.

Edited to add because I forgot 1 more successful cauliflower item: mashed cauliflower can be really good if cooked with garlic, salt, pepper and a small amount of parmesan added. Or it can be added to a potato and mashed to add low calorie volume.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    One large meal can include something like this:
    pork chop or small steak, big plate of steamed broccoli, and rice or pasta with butter.
  • MikaMojito
    MikaMojito Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    When green asparagus is in season, I take 500g of it, slice it up and fry it in a little bit of olive oil. While it's browning a little, I mix 250g of low-fat Quark with garlic, hot sauce and ginger. And if there's still calories left, I add smoked salmon or thinly sliced ham.
  • kianrashidi123
    kianrashidi123 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Came to conclusion that more vegies=more volume
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    - Half a bag of coleslaw mix with a serving of ground turkey and a bit of soy sauce, just cook in pan until brown

I do something like this all the time. So tasty.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I'm a volume eater. Zucchini and squash are my go to. I usually eat about 400 grams at once. I also eat a lot of shirataki noodles, and now spaghetti squash as well-though I prefer shirataki. I pop my own popcorn kernels in a brown paper bag in the microwave and eat protein fluff for dessert.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    I just finished 150 grams of chicken breast & 1# of frozen cauliflower cooked in .5c spaghetti sauce and .5 c water

Toss chicken and sauce and water into pan. Cook until almost done. Toss in a bag of frozen cauliflower and cook until heated through.

Serve topped with 1/4c shredded cheese if you want.

I ate it with 75g spinach and ACV salad.

Very low cal and yumny!
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian chili. No oil added.
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    No cook option.....super thin slices of lunchmeat rolled up in lettuce leaves (add shredded broccoli slaw mix for more volume) and dip in a low cal dip. I usually thin out a bit of light mayo with water and add LOTS of black pepper to dip.

I usually eat 2oz of turkey with an entire head of ice burg lettuce and 15g light mayo.

Or egg whites coated in hot sauce served on corn thins (super thin rice cakes...23cals each). Sometimes i put spinach ontop of the rice cake then put the eggs ontop.

A lb or more of fresh green beans, lightly steamed. Coated in 1tbspn butter, lots of lemon pepper seasoning and salt.

Or...the dollar tree sells a zero cal buffalo sauce. Sometimes i mix that with ranch and top a bag or two of frozen cauliflower with it.
  • MorganMoreaux
    MorganMoreaux Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I like getting the family sized garden salad from the local pizza place and sprinkling seasoning on it in lieu of dressing, and eating the whole thing. It fills up a huge mixing bowl and takes a long time to eat. Very satisfying.