Need exercise recommendations/modifications

Options
I have really messed up feet that will require surgery eventually, but I'm hoping to put that off until I'm healthier and lighter so recovery will be easier. Right now I am not supposed to put a lot of pressure on my toes: no running, jumping, planks, lunges, etc... I've been trying different videos but even the low impact involves too much bending my toes. I also partially tore my rotator cuff a few years ago. While this doesn't affect me too much day to day it is weaker and I think I need to build it up slowly. Right now I walk a lot, but need to add some strength conditioning and have other options. I would live to hear any ideas! Thanks so much!

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    Can your doctor refer you to a physical therapist who can help you devise a routine?
  • TrishB1470
    TrishB1470 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Last time I asked my Dr she said to swim. While that is great, it isn't a practical option for my location.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,487 Member
    Options
    Try using the machines at the gym instead of free weights. A lot of the exercises are sitting.
    You may also like the rowing machine for cardio, similar all around benefits as swimming. Again little pressure on your feet.
    If you are not tired of the pool aqua fit is a great alternative too. Yes you are on your feet but the buoyancy will take the pressure off.

Cheers, h.