Starting Again

Options
Tomorrow is day 1. I first joined MFP
in 2011, I've had a Fitbit for 4 years. I'm still fat. I'm conflicted about what to do this time. I've done isagenix, but as soon as I stopped the weight came back. I did paleo/keto in the summer, but as soon as I stopped all the weight came back.

Back to basics. Eat less, move more. Eat less refined foods and more vegetables.

Replies

• SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    So you logged all your calories accurately, stayed in your calorie limit and that didn't work?
  • sarahcsmaller
    sarahcsmaller Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I'm with you! Doing it the old fashioned way. Excersice and less calories. Joined the gym today and am not letting myself or money go to waste any longer. Hang my head in shame that I didn't stick with it when I first joined but it's never too late. Keep me posted how it goes and what is working for you. Good luck!
  • Jbell0213
    Jbell0213 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Good Luck. This is my first time on MFP and I have been on 2 weeks. I have tried everything. The logging daily has helped me stay on track and question everything I have eaten. I have never realized all this time how much I have been overeating. I calculated lunch one day at my favorite BBQ place, I would have normally eaten over 1,000-1,200 calories. Log all your foods. You will be hungry at first, it's your body adjusting. Drink lots of water. I'm not big on exercise, but I love to walk, and my fitbit has kept me accountable for that.
  • macnurseapril
    macnurseapril Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    When I first joined, I logged everything, hit a plateau, switched to EM2WL got too scared with gains, quit everything, restarted cal/exercise, plateaued, did isagenix, plateaued, quit, restarted with cals/exercise, plateaued, quit. Did paleo/keto/clean with out logging, quit. And here I am right back where I started at my highest weight.

So back to basics, in for the very long haul, logging, lifting, moving and stretching.
  • highonnyg
    highonnyg Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Friend request coming. Let's do this!