38 yrs old no kids and about 100 lbs to lose. Do we have anything in common???

Options
I'm down about forty lbs but need some help dropping the next hundred. Would love it if we have a little something in common. Ahhh! If u need a friend for some support please message me or add me so we can help each other.
Thanks, Angel

Replies

• nursenappy
    nursenappy Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi Angel,
    In a similar boat. 39 yrs old. Married no kids. Have about 100lbs to lose. Lost 15lbs a few months ago and packed them right back on during the holidays. Yes, I would love to fit into nice clothes and not feel as self-conscious but right now my big concern is my health. My blood pressure is high and every part of my body hurts. I need a change and could use some support and would hope I could be of support to you as well.
  • lissdawn
    lissdawn Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Add me!! I am 37, no kids and don't want them. Also newly single, I was dumped literally right before Christmas...fun times. Nothing like some great motivation (I don't care where it comes from, as long as it encourages me) to kick a**!)

Last year I lost 60 here, wasn't focusing on myself for the last half of the year, and have gained a bit over 20 of it back. 2016 is going to be my year! Feel free to add me. I have about 150 lbs to go before i reach my first real goal weight (upper limit of my "acceptable" BMI range).
  • jennarandhayes
    jennarandhayes Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I'm 41, with one daughter. I've been down this road before and lost over 100 pounds, but gained much of it back. I need some news friends to help motivate me! All of you ladies can add me. Let's do this.
  • highonnyg
    highonnyg Posts: 12 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    38 here. Lost 50 lbs and in the last 3 months gained back 35. Starting fresh tomorrow. Alarm set for 6am for the gym and I meal prepped today for the upcoming week. Feel free to add me to your friends. Let's motivate each other. My goal is to lose 75lbs by counting calories and being active.
  • angfirst
    angfirst Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm 34, with one (almost adult) daughter. I have lost about 25 pounds so far and have about 115 to go.
    Feel free to add me!
  • jcofabulous
    jcofabulous Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm 34, no kids (yet) and have about 100 lbs to lose too! Feel free to add me too. I could definitely use support, inspiration and motivation!
  • portlandsundevil
    portlandsundevil Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 39, never married, no kids and have struggled with weight my entire life. I lost about 15 lbs in 2015. My first goal in 2016 is to 'lose 40 by 40' which would put me around 172. I plan on reassessing at that point. I'd also really like to meet some new friends that I can relate to. Feel free to add me!!
  • Orolonn
    Orolonn Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm 38 and have just over 100lbs to lose. I have an (almost) adult daughter, but this journey will be pretty much my own. I've been overweight for the majority of my life and I'm ready to feel good about myself! I'd love to have some new friends for support and motivation!
  • Katleskin
    Katleskin Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    35 (almost), married, happily childfree and currently 40lbs into a 70(ish)lb loss. Always been chubby, never liked exercise but have been gradually, sporadically sorting my diet/fitness out over the last couple of years. I swim/ walk/lift weights and eat fairly healthily but don't restrict - if I want something I make it fit my allowances. Fell off the wagon at the end of 2015 but I'm ready to reach my target this year. Feel free to add me :-) .
  • crayonbreakywillow
    Options
    I just turned 40. I've been happily married for almost 17 years. No kids. I've actually been maintaining my 96lb loss since 2013. Started MFP in 2012 along with my husband. Feel free to friend me if you'd like! I'm going to be a MFP lifer!
  • sjanbrown
    sjanbrown Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    37 and no kids and have a good hundred pounds to lose too, i feel your pain!!!
  • sjanbrown
    sjanbrown Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Please feel free to add me as well!
  • chvikes
    chvikes Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am 40 years old, no kids, and need to lose 85 pounds. I would be great to have someone in same position. You are welcome to add me.