How long does it take to lose love handles?

Options
Like 3 - 6 months?

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Like lower body fat.
  • 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    Like lower body fat.
    ^^
    This
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    you can't spot reduce. the fat will come off where it wants to come off....
  • karwowski1992
    karwowski1992 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    you can't spot reduce. the fat will come off where it wants to come off....

It also depends on where you are in your journey. It could take 3-6 months for you but 1-2 years for me.
  • loulamb7
    loulamb7 Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Depends on how much body fat you have. Since you're a male, you'll probably need to get to less than 15% body fat.
  • warrennotes
    warrennotes Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Depends on your total weight and the body fat distribution of that weight (determined by your genetics). In my case, I am at my all time weight high and it's all around my middle, just like my Dad. If I conceal it right, I don't even look (to the public, not to the mirror while naked).

Now - in the happily obese world in which I reside, I have only seen one person who lost the love handles - a friend who got a divorce. He was assisted in that by post- breakup depression and workouts.

One thing to be ready for - if you have little muscle mass (like me) - once you get to "no handles" you may look like the comics character Skeletor!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Exactly 57 days.

Just kidding.

All you can do is reduce your overall body fat, there's no way to know where it's going to come off first.
  • iofred
    iofred Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    my whole life
  • nelsonsantos
    nelsonsantos Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Forever :( it usually is the first place you put it and the last place to come off . :)

• Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    A week for my husband. He gains and loses easily- probably water and he is very naturally muscular (think neaderthal lol). The difference for him is about 7lbs which he easily loses ny cutting back on beer for a week. Im sort of jealous.
  • mylittlerainbow
    mylittlerainbow Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    No, you can't spot-reduce (speaking specifically of fat), but you can tighten skin and strengthen muscles and thus pull in areas that might sag AFTER the fat has been lost. I do a lot of Pilates, which includes focusing on abs, glutes, and obliques. This last is how I rediscovered a waistline and got rid of love handles. But this was after I had already lost the pounds that were hanging on there.
  • ameerulmax
    ameerulmax Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the reply.