Returning newbie looking for friendly motivation.

Options
newmevlc
newmevlc Posts: 1 Member
edited January 2016 in Motivation and Support
Hey All. Returning to MFP after a few years away. 25lbs have crept up on me over the last 2 years :(
A recent knee injury has gotten me thinking about my health in general.
I'm not planning on going "hard core" with my program, but would like to regain some fitness and overall health, lose those extra 25 (or more) and meet some friends along the way.
I prefer "gentle fitness" type exercises like swimming, yoga, tai chi, walking, Pilates etc..
Sadly, other than Pilates once a week and daily stretching I've let most of my exercise routine fall by the wayside.
Living in Canada (and hating cold weather) makes outside activities during the winter a total drag. And the knee injury will present a bit of a challenge, but a challenge I am ready to face.
I spend most of the summer riding my motorcycle and my goal is to get the knee back to 100% before the spring '16 so I can get back in the saddle. Literally. Right now putting all my weight on my injured leg is impossible, making it impossible to swing a leg over.
Would love to meet some equally motivated MFP'ers with a positive approach to share goals and achievements with during the journey.

Replies

• LadyFlashHeart
    LadyFlashHeart Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    add me ... I have had a knee injury in the past. I need to lose at least thirty pounds for health reasons
  • sndrd49
    sndrd49 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I am looking for some supportive friends who are returning after time away and weight gained back. I can relate to the weight "creeping back". New Year, new attitude! Cheers!
  • Daisyrn
    Daisyrn Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Add me too, returning after time away and weight gain!
  • Emelade
    Emelade Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Same. I stopped doing any fitness and exercise when we put our house up for sale in July 2014. Then I ended up getting pregnant and didn't start anything new. Now my baby is 4 months and I'm ready to get back and get into exercising. However, I've recently been in a car accident and am trying to see a physical therapist so until then I'm stuck to walking as I don't want to take the chance of injuring myself further. :( Would love to have some motivation, and be able to help motivate in return :) adding!
  • teebeegeebee
    teebeegeebee Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    you are welcome to add me - i have been away for a while and 16 is my new time. i have lived with a bad back for the last 4 years, and i have had problems with my legs since, nerves etc
    i do clinical pilates to help my core and my instructor helped me with non load bearing exercises to get me back on track, i do these daily and they seem to help as part of my general stretches adn wake up routine
  • cgolden1701
    cgolden1701 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you. I need to lose about 70-75 lbs for health reasons. It is very hard for me to keep with it. As I don't have much support here with my friends, so my wife and I are both working on it this time together. We have a wedding in May and it will be HI, and we want to look healthy when we get there.
    Feel free to add me as a friend. And I will do my best to keep you motivated. Anyone feel free to add me as a friend.
  • rubystarstone2015
    Options
    Hi all, I have been away for a while but would love some new MFP friends to help keep me motivated. Feel free to add me!
  • Djireland2015
    Djireland2015 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you! We can do this!
  • AuntieKels
    AuntieKels Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Same here. Lost 80 lbs and have put 30 lbs back on. Want to stop myself from derailing any further. Feel free to add me.
  • vholcombe245
    vholcombe245 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Same here. Lost 50 lbs s couple years ago. I've gained 18 lbs back and want to STOP. Need someone to help hold me accountable as well. Feel free to add me!!