Help hiding veggies!!

Options
kaseyellengreen
kaseyellengreen Posts: 6 Member
Prepping food to make things easier and healthier for me and my parents, too bad I have to figure out how to hide vegetables from them like they are children. Anyone have any recipes that have a serving of vegetables in it but you can't tell?

Replies

• bigsicklittlesick
    bigsicklittlesick Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti sauce!
  • kaseyellengreen
    kaseyellengreen Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    We eat spaghetti sauce all the time
  • mpat81
    mpat81 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Meatloaf wth veggies in it, smoothies
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Grate zucchini and mushroom into your spaghetti sauce, and into casseroles and stews as well as meatloaf, meatballs and burgers, use blended cauliflower as a thickener for soups...
  • schibsted750
    schibsted750 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    try some of these recipes: http://www.incrediblesmoothies.com/
  • Zellyrus
    Zellyrus Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower is amaaaaaaazing. People make faux pizza crusts and mashed potatoes and rice with it. I'd done a "fried rice" out of it and it's pretty good!
  • dilhun77
    dilhun77 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Grated carrots I hide them in meat loaf homemade burgers. Barbeque meatballs. Even the kids don't know that they r in there
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    There is a book I think it is called Deceptively Delicious. She use veggie puree in recipes. Like butternut squash in mac and cheese. Cauliflower in Pasta Alfredo. My friend used it on her non-veggie eating husband.
  • srujana_kanneganti
    srujana_kanneganti Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower in mashed potatoes.
    Butternut squash can hide well.

Puree carrot into sauces.

+1 on the Deceptively Delicious cookbook
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Try telling them to act like adults.

Or try being an adult yourself and prep the foods normally, and if they don't eat veggies, they don't, because they're adults too and can decide for themselves what they want to eat.