Any medical people here, doctors, nurses, other who want to form a group and support each other?

Options
I feel extra guilty knowing that I need to lose this 30 pounds and set a good example for my kids and patients. Anyone else?

Replies

• kaitgshand
    kaitgshand Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    im currently a nursing student and feel the same way. i keep asking myself how i'm supposed to educate my patients on healthy lifestyle choices and set an example when here i am overweight myself. i feel sooo guilty because i have far more than 30 to lose. would love to support!
  • GTRguy
    GTRguy Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Please add me. Been overweight my entire life, lost 65 lbs in 2015, hoping to lose 15 more this year. I'm a dentist.
  • PamOliva
    PamOliva Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hi. Nurse here for 20 yrs and thus I know a lot about stress eating. I did finally reach my goal 2 months ago of losing 35 lbs and truth be told I did it for ME not out of guilt or to be a healthy role model. But definitely to be healthier and feel better about myself. I think it has to be an inside job. I also began regular exercise for the first time in my life and finally am enjoying great mood control & stress relief from that. Happy to support my peers here.
  • happyagain80
    happyagain80 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I would love to join. Nurse 3 years.
  • martelr
    martelr Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    provon wrote: »
    I feel extra guilty knowing that I need to lose this 30 pounds and set a good example for my kids and patients. Anyone else?

Same. Peds MD Here.
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    ER Nurse here. I've been maintaining for 4 years now, 16 pounds under my goal weight. I lost 30 pounds thanks to Weight Watchers, and I've maintained with the help of MFP. You can do it!!
  • SlimTish2013
    SlimTish2013 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone Psych nurse here. I need to set a better example of wellness for my clients.
  • SlimTish2013
    SlimTish2013 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    provon wrote: »
    Yes. Me too. I sit a lot for my job and then go home and sit completing course work.
  • Daisyrn
    Daisyrn Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have been nurse for the last 20 years and feel the same. I know how to loose the weight and I know why I need to loose the weight. I have to be accountable for everything that goes into my mouth and stop making excuses for why I can not workout and just do it. I tell patients everyday why it is so important, however I do not listen to myself. I would love to join this group!
  • Deej1020
    Deej1020 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Nursing student. I want to live and healthier lifestyle. Being a single mom to two boys I want to set an example for them. They pick up on my bad habits. They're so young, I have time to change for me and them, but I have to start now.
  • Bluwaves1
    Bluwaves1 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    So what is the name of the Goup?
  • abduffin
    abduffin Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Physician Assistant student, graduating in a few months. School and stress have wrecked me, I definitely need the support too!
  • melissaschleier
    melissaschleier Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Pharmacy here. I've got a lot to work on.
  • tyandgil01
    tyandgil01 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    RN for 1 year, LPN for 4 years prior to that. I have gained 20 lbs this last year. Not only would I like to lose weight & be healthy for me, but I also would love to set a good example to my kids, especially & patients by good food choices & regular exercise.
  • robinalexis
    robinalexis Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Geez I feel like an old lady here. In nursing since 1980. NP for past 21 yrs in ED. Shift work plays havoc with weight loss. Those of us that work consistent nights always way a few pounds extra due to cortisol levels. Just a few. But me? Oh I weighed 35 over my goal weight. Now down 1/2 that and really struggling to lose the last 15 up two down 3 up 3 etc. I do WW and MFP. any thought on new smartpoints?
  • wearynurse
    wearynurse Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Yes!
  • lnrussell195
    lnrussell195 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Yes! Pre-med
  • mystgrl1604
    mystgrl1604 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Yes! I'd like to join. Cardiac nurse here, and supremely overweight. Sigh. I need to lose over 100lbs but irregular eating and sleeping and snacking plays havoc to nutrition and exercise. Let us know when the group is formed!
  • AshFitness98
    AshFitness98 Posts: 28 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Pharm tech and going to school for a different health profession. I need to lose over 100 lbs. Please add me
  • missh1967
    missh1967 Posts: 661 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    It's a shame that the profession that is supposed to keep people healthy has the worst working conditions making it so damn difficult to stay healthy ourselves. It's really ***** up, if you ask me.