222 down to 155

I managed to go from a size 2x to a small/medium. My hips stayed practically the same. Size 20 pants to a 12. Ibam only happy when I continue to loose weight. I ate what I wanted for the holidays and haven't worked out in 4 months. I gained back about 20lbs and all cellulite. I was not happy with weight loss results because I had so much skin. I don't think I'll ever be the goal of flat bikini body. But, back at it. Hopefully bikini body by Summer.

Replies

• Bluefunk57
    Bluefunk57 Posts: 4 Member
    Congratulations to you! It is stories like yours that are so motivating to me. I have just recently started this journey and knowing that there are others ahead of me is encouraging.
  • lnrussell195
    lnrussell195 Posts: 33 Member
    I'll never be happy with my body. I have worse body image issues as a size small. Size small and I'm still fat as a cow. Bc I have excess skin.
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Try filling it out with muscle? My skin is looking iffy and that's what I'm doing to minimize the issue at gw.
  • tristen_leigh
    tristen_leigh Posts: 214 Member
    I'll never be happy with my body. I have worse body image issues as a size small. Size small and I'm still fat as a cow. Bc I have excess skin.

Your threads are very contradicting. It sounds like before you do anything else you need to develop and build a healthy relationship with food and your body. Replacing two meals with juice and cutting out things you probably think are "bad" will only lead you down a path of disordered eating and yo-yo dieting (trust me, I have been there).

Good luck in whatever you do.
  • lnrussell195
    I gained back 20 lbs from being pregnant. The cellulite came back about 1 month in without excersize. It's just really frustrating to loose so much being in a dream size and still being about 40 lbs over weight. I'm only 5'2". This really was a wonderful diet and I wanted others to know how to accomplish a hard goal. I was so happy to be able to be so active and to love it working out. I just want people to know they can do it. I was not expecting so much hatred and everyone telling me I have an ED or that I'm going to be fat soon.
  • tristen_leigh
    I gained back 20 lbs from being pregnant. The cellulite came back about 1 month in without excersize. It's just really frustrating to loose so much being in a dream size and still being about 40 lbs over weight. I'm only 5'2". This really was a wonderful diet and I wanted others to know how to accomplish a hard goal. I was so happy to be able to be so active and to love it working out. I just want people to know they can do it. I was not expecting so much hatred and everyone telling me I have an ED or that I'm going to be fat soon.

I think you're confusing hatred for concern. I also don't think anyone said you have an ED or that you're going to be fat. I said strict restriction could lead you down a road to more yo-yoing in your weight because I have personally been there.

You have to have a thicker skin around here. I definitely sense more concern for your health - not judgement.
  • lnrussell195
    I have so many messages of all hate mail.
  • decgirl66
    decgirl66 Posts: 4 Member
    "To go from a 2X to a size small in 3 months, you would've had to have been vastly undereating. VLCDs (very low calorie diets) are not permitted to be promoted in these forums. You absolutely could help what how fast you lost by eating more, that was totally within your control."

I don't feel like she was promoting her diet. She was simply sharing what she did to lose the weight.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Look, things probably could've probably been said a bit better, but the fact is that you went about your weight loss in a way that isn't really good for your body. You are very young and aren't really looking at the big picture. It feels great to meet a hard goal, but now it would be helpful to you to think about the long-term health of your body and the sustainability of what you're doing/have done.
  • tara_means_star
    tara_means_star Posts: 957 Member
    Look, things probably could've probably been said a bit better, but the fact is that you went about your weight loss in a way that isn't really good for your body. You are very young and aren't really looking at the big picture. It feels great to meet a hard goal, but now it would be helpful to you to think about the long-term health of your body and the sustainability of what you're doing/have done.

This makes me wish we had a like button. Well said.
  • tristen_leigh

So much THIS.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!