Weight watcher Smartpoints

Options
Anyone using the new points? I was so excited to see more nutrition data like calories but at the end of my first week zero pounds lost w new system. No junk food, no cookies, not one thing off plan and over 35 exercise points. I didn't even use my splurge points. What gives? I'm on day 295 of consecutive logging w MFP so I'm no stranger to logging food.

Replies

• jennk5309
    jennk5309 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Some weeks are just like that......keep going and worry about it if 2 weeks go by with no loss. I quit WW because the new system penalizes too heavily for fat, and I was doing well increasing my fat intake though full fat dairy (improved satiety, less anxiety because it is like lube for the nervous system, etc.) and then they went and doubled the points on all those items.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I'm a WWer from way back but jumped ship a couple years ago. After being here on MFP for so long, I have never seen more ex-WW refugees come here than with this latest change...
  • MCG910
    MCG910 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've been using WW for the last few years. I've mostly been maintaining until a few months ago. The new program is much more rigid, which is no surprise given that Oprah just bought in to the company. She seems to impose her will on everything...which is why I'm here now.
  • pitcherday
    pitcherday Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I'm a WWer from way back but jumped ship a couple years ago. After being here on MFP for so long, I have never seen more ex-WW refugees come here than with this latest change...

that's why I am here. people are really livid with WW in a way I have not seen before.

@robinalexis sometimes there are weeks where we do everything right and the scale does not budge. Hang in there. So many different things can effect the number on the scale. I would wait out another week, if that doesn't work, talk to your leader or evaluate your options.
  • RetroPolkaDot
    RetroPolkaDot Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I like the new program. According to my WW leader they had been working on the new Smart Points program prior to Oprah.

Anyway, back on topic. Weight loss is not always a solid line down. There are times when weight will go down, times when it will stay the same, and times when it will actually go up despite doing everything the same. If you've been following everything to the letter and not using the extra weekly points try using some this next week just see what happens. Some people swear they do better when they use some of those points. The other thing is make sure you are still measuring and weighing food and not just eyeballing it. Serving sizes can creep up when you think it's the same thing I have every day so I know what the serving size looks like.
  • robinalexis
    robinalexis Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    WOW! Thanks for all your help. I'll give it another week or two