Slipped up again

highonnyg
highonnyg Posts: 12 Member
Lost 50 lbs from Sept 14 to May 15. Felt so good and proud of myself and then...........
Then the inevitable happened got complacent and unmotivated and gained back 35lbs. What a dummy. I do this constantly to myself.
Anybody else starting over again? Anybody else go through this up and down nonsense?
Let's be friends. Let's get it right together.

Replies

• Jbell0213
    Jbell0213 Posts: 189 Member
    You can friend me. I'm just starting.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    It's a good idea to get to the bottom of why that happens. For most people it's due to using weight loss methods they can't stick to forever. As you lose weight you should be building positive habits that you will continue forever. For some of us, like me, it's just a matter of weighing constantly and tracking again when the number starts to drift up.
  • MizMliss
    MizMliss Posts: 20 Member
    I'm in a similar boat, I'm don't like to think of it starting over again and again. It is the journey as much as the destination. Learn what works, incorporate, weed out things that don't. Keep grinding! Friend request incoming.
  • TinaAnn73
    TinaAnn73 Posts: 3 Member
    Guilt is counterproductive. Learn from mistakes and move on!
  • akotlarz1
    akotlarz1 Posts: 12 Member
    I am in the same situation. I am determined to turn it around this time and keep to it. I sent a friend request. Just need to stay positive and push through.
  • lulalacroix
    lulalacroix Posts: 1,082 Member
    usmcmp wrote: »
    It's a good idea to get to the bottom of why that happens. For most people it's due to using weight loss methods they can't stick to forever. As you lose weight you should be building positive habits that you will continue forever. For some of us, like me, it's just a matter of weighing constantly and tracking again when the number starts to drift up.

This. I lost 20 pounds, then regained 25 pounds. I was on a diet that was not sustainable for me. And I fell off the wagon and did not get back on. Feel free to friend me if you like.
  • lalabrucey
    lalabrucey Posts: 243 Member
    You've done it before, you *will* do it again.

Slow and steady wins the race! Just remember you need to change your life and habits rather than 'diet' until you loose a magic number and then go back to what you were doing.
    I have been on the yo-yo before MFP but have changed my mindset and the biggest thing I had to tell myself is that this change isn't temporary.

This time around I am happy if it takes me a year to drop the weight I gained and am thrilled that I am at the point where I didn't track all of December all through Christmas and only gained 1kg which I can shift in a couple of weeks back into routine of eating mostly well and burning more than I eat. I still have a little way to go but I will do it the same as you will.

Don't beat yourself up - you are reaching out and rolling those sleeves up so you are on the path to success!

Lets do this!!

L.
  • I lost over forty pounds a few years ago and then keeping track of what I was eating became harder when I went to college and began eating at dining halls and was so often around people eating terribly. I gave in and I have gained back a little over twenty pounds. I made a new year's resolution this year to learn how to eat better at school and be more conscientious of what I am putting in my mouth. Tracking my calories is what I know will work. Writing everything down and becoming accountable for every bite you eat is great and I had forgotten that somehow. Seeing that other people have similarly become complacent in their tracking efforts is helpful because this shows me I am not alone in making mistakes. It's human and with enough motivation and effort we can all continue on our journeys without looking back, learning from the setbacks.
  • saramatthews919
    saramatthews919 Posts: 161 Member
    Keep moving forward you can do this
  • rbiss
    rbiss Posts: 422 Member
    For me it all comes down to stress at work. Find out what is causing you to gain and nip it in the bud.
  • suziecue20
    suziecue20 Posts: 567 Member
    I have also been through the 'up and down nonsense'. I lost all my weight and kept it off for about 5 years, then my Mother died and in 2 years it all went back on +++ but now I'm halfway back to being the REAL me and when I get to my goal I intend to stay there. Good luck, you can do it :)
  • jetsmarie
    jetsmarie Posts: 1 Member
    I am in the same boat. Life changes got the best of me. Ready to get back to feeling good. :)
  • Clobern80
    Clobern80 Posts: 714 Member
    Lost 150 pounds through 2009/2010 then gained most of it back. So yeah, I am starting all over! But I am determined to do it and stick with it.
  • Slinn1985
    Slinn1985 Posts: 58 Member
    Big deal, you sometimes slip, I lost 40lbs, then put 15 back on. You start again it's not the end of the world :)