Waist training??

Options
Any thoughts, tips, etc on waste training??

Replies

• madammags
    madammags Posts: 97 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Do you mean with a corset? What specific thoughts/info are you looking for?
    A few thoughts just off the top of my head:
    • Don't even think about it unless you are going to get a specific waist training corset custom made to your measurements by a reputable corsetier(e)
    • It will NOT change your body shape when you are not wearing the corset (unless you do it for years and years 24/7)
    • A good corset can encourage good posture, but on the other hand, it can also make your core muscles lazy because it does their work for them
    • From a weight loss perspective, it's unlikely to do much either way unless you tighten too much, too soon, and then it's bad for you regardless.
  • tugomer
    tugomer Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Waste of money on an Instagram fad that demonstrably doesn't work. Don't be that girl.
  • lnrussell195
    lnrussell195 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! See I thought it wood tighten muscles to pull it all in.
  • GillianLF
    GillianLF Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Waist training to me is wearing bespoke corsets and training the body to be able to wear the corset.

I used to wear corsets, I trained for them and had them made to my specific measurements, my favourites being made by Puimond. I was a 30 inch waist and could comfortably close a 22 inch corset. This to me is waist training. My body did not look any different at all when I wasn't wearing one so no they do not change your body shape unless as @madammags said you wear them 24/7 and really that is not healthy and also will have a huge impact on sleep. If worn for that length of time they can damage the stomach muscles unless steps are taken for this such as pilates and yoga.

To me corset training is waist training and I'm afraid it doesn't change your physical shape at all really. All other "waist training" is a marketing scam.