Weighing Yourself? How Often?

Options
GoldenLennon
GoldenLennon Posts: 17 Member
edited January 2016 in Motivation and Support
Wasn't sure where to put this question at category wise but I figured this was the best one. So my question(s) is/are....How often to you weigh yourself? Every week? Monthly? Or do you even weigh yourself at all?

I was thinking of actually weighing myself once at the end of the month. As not to get discouraged and it's more about seeing physical results instead of just those pesky little numbers...

Replies

• rachcamp8
    rachcamp8 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am told by my doctor to weigh once a week. However, I'm a scale addict and weigh every morning same time. It's super frustrating to see the scale go up sometimes, BUT when it goes down it makes it easier to continue! Good luck!
  • GoldenLennon
    GoldenLennon Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    rachcamp8 wrote: »
    I am told by my doctor to weigh once a week. However, I'm a scale addict and weigh every morning same time. It's super frustrating to see the scale go up sometimes, BUT when it goes down it makes it easier to continue! Good luck!

I used to be like that. Total addict lol. But I've learned to hide my scale or put it somewhere so if I really want to weigh myself I would actually have to go down stairs to get it.
  • kimberlycoffman73
    Options
    Once a week
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    I weigh everyday, but I only use a weekly average as my recorded weight. Smooths out the bumps, but I get the fun of seeing a new low number roll into town...
  • dn0pes
    dn0pes Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Only once a week at the gym on Fridays after my workout - I have not been able to weigh myself for the last 3 weeks due to the holidays - Should be interesting the results this Friday - I suspect no change - I'm on maintenance.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Once a week
  • caramel827
    caramel827 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a week, at the same time on the same scale. I always have an increase during that TOM and should probably skip that time but I don't lol.
  • brianlundlarsen
    brianlundlarsen Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Every day, but I also know and accept that some days it's going to jump up a kilo or two for no apparent reason.
  • moe__xox
    moe__xox Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I usually end up stepping on the scale a couple times a day. It's in my kitchen and probably too much of a convenient place. I only record my weight once a week on Sunday's though, because I understand the fluctuations of my body.
  • justynegil
    justynegil Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I try to only weigh myself once a week, however realistically I weigh myself about 3 times a week, I only record my weight on Fridays.
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Every morning when I was losing weight. It was motivating to see constant progress.