Restarting My Life

Options
Hey... I'm a wife, mom, and medical assistant . I've always been overweight but I'm trying to show my daughter and patients that if you work hard you will achieve your goals. Thirty days ago, I began my weight loss journey. I've been on this app on and off for awhile but never really stuck to it. In thirty days, I've lost 22 lbs. I have an awesome hubby but he doesn't think I should lose weight so I'm looking for some support and to give support as well!

Replies

• nchrty
    nchrty Posts: 57 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    22 lbs is a very significant weight loss in 30 days. Is that why your husband is not in favor of your weight loss? Does he think you are being too restrictive?
  • hmoulder98
    hmoulder98 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I don't think that's the issue at all. He says he's supportive of my choices but in the very next breath he is adamant that I don't need to change for him. I'm trying to explain to him that it's not for him it's for me. He won't really sit down and talk to me about it either which is unusual for us anyway.
  • GTRguy
    GTRguy Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Good for you! 22 lbs is pretty drastic, just make sure you pace yourself realistically. I started off like you and after a year have lost 65 lbs but the rate slowed considerably. I'm still losing weight but at a much more even rate which I think will help me maintain it. Add me and good luck!
  • katskirkpatrick
    katskirkpatrick Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    22lbs is awesome!!! I'm just starting out & have decided to give up the booze & ciggies too. I'm starting to notice a real sense of wellbeing since making these life changes & don't feel I'm taking on too much thankfully as the stop-smoking plan is a gradual reduction. I've tried other plans like Noom in the past but feel this one is more accurate & motivational. Thoughts :) ?