Best 2016 Fitness Tracker?

Options
Hey all,

Looking to purchase a new wearable fitness tracker. Had a fitbit years back...sent it through the washer or something. The new bracelets from Jawbone & Fitbit look great. Trying to spend less than $200. What are your recommendations? Looking for basic step, calorie, and heart rate monitoring, silent alarm would be nice, don't care for phone notifications.

What do you all think?

Feel free to add me too! Just started an account and am looking for some new fitness peeps.

Peace and Thanks!
Kat

Replies

• LegendOfErin
    LegendOfErin Posts: 18 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    You could go for the FitBit Charge HR, which is under $200 and tracks everything you need: https://www.fitbit.com/chargehr

I personally like the FitBit One the best because it's discreet. I hate having a bracelet, armband, or other very visible device on a daily basis. For you though, the FitBit One may not be an option because it doesn't track heart rate. However it might be better to do this and get a separate heart rate monitor, which I heard is more accurate overall.
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I just got a JawboneUp3 and I like because it looks just like a bracelet and does all you say and I love their app.
  • PalmChris
    PalmChris Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Polar has a pretty cool wrist device that they just introduced. Might want to check that one out.
  • mashza2012
    mashza2012 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I just ordered the Polar A360 which might be the one mentioned above.......seems to be a smartwatch / full fledged fitness tracker. Haven't received it yet tho!
  • tiggerlove
    tiggerlove Posts: 225 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I have the Polar A360 and I love it. just do your reserch and camparissons to see which one you think is good for your needs..good luck.
  • Swanz21
    Swanz21 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have the UP24 and have had it for 15 months. I loved it but it is dying. I want a new tracker that will last a little longer and has good reviews. Ideas?
  • alp_19
    alp_19 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar M400. Great for running - it has a GPS tracker that gives you speed and incline information for your whole run. Tracks other activities as well though with a bet less accuracy for exercises on treadmills or indoor gym equipment (unless you buy the heart rate monitor). Also has a goal for daily activity based on your activity level - you can watch the bar fill up throughout the day. It's challenging to reach 100% but that's a good motivator.
  • spd1068
    spd1068 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Would be nice if Polar synced with My Fitness Pal android devices. A real turn-off
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit Charge HR and Garmin Vivofit, but you're going to have to do your research. Decide what features are must haves and what you can live without, for instance the Charge HR is not waterproof. It's water resistant but you can't swim or shower in it. I'm not a swimmer, so this wasn't a deal breaker for me. I always use my Fitbit though.
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Options
    jdhcm2006 wrote: »
    I have a Fitbit Charge HR and Garmin Vivofit, but you're going to have to do your research. Decide what features are must haves and what you can live without, for instance the Charge HR is not waterproof. It's water resistant but you can't swim or shower in it. I'm not a swimmer, so this wasn't a deal breaker for me. I always use my Fitbit though.

Which system do you like better? I keep waffling between Garmin and Fitbit. I have a Garmin Forerunner with a chest strap that I will probably continue to use for running because I want those numbers to be precise. But am on the fence about which world to go into for a step tracker type deal.

• zenjen13
    zenjen13 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I just got a Garmin Vivosmart HR and the main reason I chose it over other trackers was that there is no metal on the band as I have a severe nickel allergy. It's also waterproof so I can swim in the pool or at the beach with it.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    jdhcm2006 wrote: »

Which system do you like better? I keep waffling between Garmin and Fitbit. I have a Garmin Forerunner with a chest strap that I will probably continue to use for running because I want those numbers to be precise. But am on the fence about which world to go into for a step tracker type deal.

The Vivofit also requires a HR strap. So if you're looking for something that doesn't have a strap, you could look at the Vivosmart HR.