Hello!

Options
Hi, my name is Jo, and I need to lose 200 pounds. For a while, I was in complete denial. I don't know what I thought about my weight. Pretending that my weight problem didn't exist was a major factor in my weight gain. I figured I was fine. One day at work I decided to walk up the stairs and when I reached the top, I was completely out of breath. Then I started to notice that it was difficult to sit in the desks during class. And when going to a restaurant, my stomach would firmly press against the table. They were all reminders, slight nudges that said, "Hey, if this isn't telling you something, I don't know what will." The other day I was at work, and I found a Karen Lamb quote: "A year from now you may wish you had started today." I was both incredibly depressed yet inspired by it. I've wasted a long time to get to this point. But now that I'm here, I've started, and I have no intention of ever stopping.

Yesterday after work, I drove home, and I was ready to do my usual: getting dinner and loafing until I fall asleep around eleven. For some reason I got home and started playing an workout DVD. I've spent the past several years saying that I need to lose weight at the right time. And yesterday instead of listening to that voice, I immediately started working out, forgetting that I was still wearing my clothing from work. Yes, it was kind of like an out of body experience.

In short, I'm here because I've done a lot of great things in my life, and this will just be the next one. I'm also looking for other people to possibly add as friends, so we can help each other on our journeys. This is going to be really difficult, and it would be great to connect with a few people out there.

Thanks

Replies

• sheisbrown
    sheisbrown Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Welcome Jo! Everything for a reason right. Seems like you are in the right frame of mind to be successful. MFP does help as it can be motivating to track your food and exercise and see success. Good luck on your goals.
  • nikkialexander828
    nikkialexander828 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    hello and welcome! i've only been on this site for a couple of months but its really really helpful! i was kinda in the same boat as you with no real motivation and got in a relationship (that im still in) and completely let myself go. it got ridiculous. i finally got to the point where i said "enough is enough"! and i feel so much better, physically and mentally! feel free to add me as a friend!
  • DancingFox
    DancingFox Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm sure you'll find a lot of supportive friends here more than willing to offer you encouragement on your weight loss journey!! :)