Any Other Minnesotans Out There?

Options
2»

Replies

• StrongLife
    StrongLife Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    West Metro here. Loving the snow and football.
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    I'm in Southwest MN. Thank goodness for indoor gyms and exercise DVDs or I'd be screwed over winter!
  • siouxhockey18
    siouxhockey18 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    NW Metro....greetings all!
  • justvclark
    justvclark Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Me! My son and I moved here from WI for me to finish my undergraduate at the U of M, and I stayed here for my M.Ed. My biggest challenge is exercising year-round. I used to work at a company that had an exercise studio and instructors who came in during lunch breaks. That's pretty much as convenient and inexpensive as it gets, and it's been hard to put in the extra effort to stay in shape since moving. I've also been finding that I tend to get nerve pain from cold, so exercising in cold weather or even swimming in our apartment's unheated pool haven't been great options. It might sound strange, but one thing that my kid and I have started doing is dancing to some of the Just Dance videos on youtube. It's obviously not scored since it's not the real game, but it's free and we both have fun.
  • PattiOestreich
    PattiOestreich Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm from MN as well! Looking for any new, local friends that can support me and whom I can support in return!
  • ashleybreanna13
    ashleybreanna13 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Whoooo! MN Friends! I'm from south central MN, born & raised. How about them Vikes yesterday?!
  • lucasthoennes
    lucasthoennes Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Minnesota boy living in New Mexico currently. Go VIKES!!!
  • hockeymom95
    hockeymom95 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Yep, born and raised in MN! Currently in the suburbs of Minneapolis.
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Born and raised in Minnesota but I've lived the last 26 years in Houston. I still root for the Vikes (and the Texans). If they met in the Super Bowl I'd be conflicted but I'd say I would secretly root for the Vikes to win in order to mend my broken heart (thank you Fran Tarkington). I have the opposite problem down here--outdoor workouts in the summer are impossible from the heat. Right now is prime running weather in Houston :-)
  • Zaftique
    Zaftique Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    I lived in Minnesota for 27 yrs of my life, until July of this year when I moved to North Carolina. I grew up in Apple Valley and lived in Blaine for abt a year or two, before I moved to NC. :-)

Aaaaaah, I grew up in AV too! GO EAGLES. ;D Currently in St. Paul - my sole resolution this year is to walk more, and Lake Como is a cool 2.5mi jaunt for me if anyone else wants to meet up for a stroll some sunny weekend. :)
  • justvclark
    justvclark Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm from MN as well! Looking for any new, local friends that can support me and whom I can support in return!

I'll send you a friend request. My main concern is staying active in winter more than cutting calories. It will be nice to get support from other Minnesotans trying to stay active in the same weather.
  • KittenLifts
    KittenLifts Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    From Iowa, I'm right there with ya with cold weather ...I just want to cuddle up and not move. What has got me motivated right now is my new Garmin Vivoactive watch it's a pretty fun device so far. I've started working out in my basement to hide from the ice and snow outdoors it's been fun.
  • StrongLife
    StrongLife Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Hello from Minnetonka. Love fitness and the vikes.
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I like to consider myself an honorary Minnesotan -- if that's allowed. Attended the U of M. Lived in an around the Twin Cities for seven years (St. Paul, Arden Hills, Brooklyn Park, Mpls.). Minnesota was great for me. Um......about those "special challenges." I view it as the opposite. Having run in all kinds of Minnesota weather for all those years, nothing intimidates me anymore.
    Matter of fact, we've got a drenching rain from El Nino here in California today (Yay! Finally), and I am going out for an eight mile run anyway. Wee bit of water. Pssshaw! It ain't frozen.
    You don't see any Californians doing that -- except maybe the "honorary" Californians.