Lunch

Options
Hey

On my first day. Anybody got a healthy lunch idea? X

Replies

• MikaMojito
    MikaMojito Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I just finished my lunch. I fried a small yellow pepper and 50g of low-fat bacon in 1 teaspoon of olive oil and topped that with 2 eggs, so basically an omelette. On the side I had a big handful of mixed salad greens, a thinly sliced radish and a nice chunk of cucmber, dressed with aged balsamic vinegar.
  • pandoradoll
    pandoradoll Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    MikaMojito wrote: »
    I just finished my lunch. I fried a small yellow pepper and 50g of low-fat bacon in 1 teaspoon of olive oil and topped that with 2 eggs, so basically an omelette. On the side I had a big handful of mixed salad greens, a thinly sliced radish and a nice chunk of cucmber, dressed with aged balsamic vinegar.

Sounds lovely

Thanks x
  • TrickyDisco
    TrickyDisco Posts: 2,869 Member
    Options
    Low sugar/salt baked beans on wholemeal toast? Just about to have that now - yum, quick and easy.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    My lunch today will be a huge salad made with lettuce, shredded broccoli slaw mix and napa cabbage with a little vidalia onion & tomato vinaigrette, and some leftover chili beans. Yummy and less than 300 calories!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    Leftovers is my go-to simply because it's the easiest. If no leftovers, then I typically bring a salad of some sort, soup, yogurt w/ fruit and Bran Buds, sandwich wrap
  • pandoradoll
    pandoradoll Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys x
  • jessieknh
    jessieknh Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I had soup today because it's freezing. I usually do leftovers for lunch or make something to eat for a few days. Turkey stuffed peppers, chili, salads. Sometimes do a whole chicken on the weekends and use that for lunches (wraps, salads, chicken and rice).
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    There are sandwiches, burrito bowls, salads, soups, I make a thing I call a haystack which is just grilled chicken spiced the way I like, fries, cheese and sour cream. I love it!
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Every once in a while I make 5 or so extra lbs of herbed chicken breast, chop it into small cubes, and then freeze it in 3oz baggies. If I don't have leftovers or time to do something fancy, I grab a can of soup (progresso or similar), a baggie of chicken, and a piece of fruit. Filling and yummy for around 400 calories. Add a yogurt, side of veggies, a square of chocolate etc if you need more calories.

Same thing works for ham (I pair with beans and ham soup or split pea), beef, or pork (can pair with beef or chicken soups).

I also like to do this with veggies. Chop veggies to bite sized pieces, season, and sautee until not quite done, then put in baggies. Putting a bit of a char on them makes them even better. Works with any mix of asparagus, green beans, carrots, onions, zucchini..... A baggie of veg, a baggie of meat, and a can of soup! or a bow of salad! or a tortilla for a wrap... mmmm..

This way you can cook/prep for a couple of hours every 2-3 weeks and make TONS of lunches. Making your own soup and freezing would obviously be better, but I don't make time for that.