Friends over 40 something

Options
Just looking for new friends over 40. It just seems like our struggle is a little different at times and the struggle is a little harder. Maybe we can share ideas/suggestions/workout/motivate/encourage/etc to help meet our goals. I am on daily so feel free to add if interested.

Replies

• cmh7770
    cmh7770 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi anyone doing the Food Lovers Fat loss system? I love it but could use a daily accountability buddy
  • 4theking
    4theking Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    A seasoned veteran here.
  • pez37
    pez37 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Looking to get back on track of a healthier lifestyle. Always welcome friends , feel free to add..
  • mscott399
    mscott399 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello...lost 30lbs with WW in 2015 but backsliding in the fall has led to a 20 lb gain. Tried new SP system and didn't care for it. I think WW has lost the flexibility that made it livable for me, plus the $$$. So I'm here, CICO and watching my carbs and hoping I can do this without the meeting accountability.

Always looking for buddies/challenges, feel free to add.
  • Wish321
    Wish321 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi - I need to do this finally. My sugar levels are prediabetic and my cholesterol is at an all time high. This mid-40s thing is tough in many ways and I don't want to miss this chance to make big life changes.
  • Wachkel
    Wachkel Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hello. I too am looking to connect with people over 40. I've struggled to lose 100+ pounds for many years. I'm committed to getting to goal by my 50th birthday -- a few years away. Things are definitely getting harder carrying around this much weight at my age. Watching my food intake (excluding convenience foods and daily tracking on MFP), regular exercise (starting with exercising during commercial breaks -- stationary bike, resistance bands, stretching), and taking the time (no excuses) to prepare for each coming day making sure I have a plan in place for food and exercise are my initial goals.

Good luck everyone! I look forward to hearing about everyone's suggestions/ideas/struggles/successes. I too am always looking for buddies to share the journey -- feel free to send me a friend request.
  • Msb247
    Msb247 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! After struggling on and off utilizing this tool I have made myself commit to using it so that I can truly see how I have gained this weight, as well as work on releasing it as well. My goal is to release 50 lbs and to change my lifestyle to a healthier one. I typically use food as my coping method and I am working on adopting a new method for myself. I am looking for some friends on here for motivation, etc. so please feel free to add me :-)
  • Wachkel
    Options
    I have a dumb question . . . how do I send someone a friend request?
  • djmanos65
    djmanos65 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Wachkel wrote: »
    I have a dumb question . . . how do I send someone a friend request?
    Click on their name, go to their profile and there should be an option for "Add Friend"

• JustaJoe00
    JustaJoe00 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    hey all! add me if you like...been here a few months...great people and lots of motivation and or support!
  • Wachkel
    Options
    Thanks, djmanos65. Your instructions were very helpful.
  • Graymanstole
    Graymanstole Posts: 257 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Been on here for a few days (or many, many days), and I am 40 something, so feel free to add me if you'd like!
  • Wachkel
    Options
    Looking for interesting lunch ideas that are quick to put together and that are easily packable to take to work. This week I'm eating homemade lean turkey bite-size meatballs (seasoned with Italian herb blend) and sugar snap peas. Very good BTW. I found a recipe on Yummly to make Thai Chili turkey meatballs (I always put my own spin on things, in this case to reduce calories/sodium). I'm always curious what other people find delicious, quick, and healthy for take to work lunches. What are your favs?
  • countryspiritedwmn
    countryspiritedwmn Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I will be 46 in March and am new here as well. Any also looking to lose some pounds and becoming healthier. Did WW a few years ago and lost weight then strayed. Now way too expensive. Anyone can me too :smiley:
  • BewitchedBelinda99
    BewitchedBelinda99 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Hiya, I'm 44 and have been with mfp for a while. Add me :)
  • jennieo213
    jennieo213 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi y'all! I'm 42 and looking for some buddies for encouragement and support!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    anyone can add me, I try to burn 1000 calories a day trying new and fun things,, all outside.
  • Stimpy56
    Stimpy56 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Hello All, New Year and back on the MFP wagon. I am 42 and looking to loose 30 lbs. I have a cruise at the end of Feb, so that is helping me stay motivated. Feel free to add..
  • Lshona
    Lshona Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I would love some supportive friends. Add me if you like.
  • blairwt1
    blairwt1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm doing my best to commit to daily exercise and a healthy eating lifestyle. I need to lose 50-60 lbs, whatever will get me out of the prediabetic zone and into a healthy one. I never seem to log in for more then a week on here so maybe some supportive diet buddies might help keep me motivated. Feel free to ad me.