stomach fat :(

Options
Hey.

I have been using mfp for a couple of months now and loving it! i have lost 20lbs so far and looking to lose my last 10 or so. I feel great in so many ways BUT i just dont feel like my belly fat is shrinking. I have lost inches so my clothes fit miles better but I still dont feel happy with my spare tyre! I know that you cannot target specific areas but I was just wondering if anyone has been in the same situation and managed to shrink their belly!! I currently go to the gym about 4 days a week(where i do approx 40 min cardio including interval training and 30 mins weights) and I am doing the 30 day shred on the days i dont go. I have a pretty active job too (nursery nurse - always running around after 3 year olds!) I eat back about half my exercise calories. I drink well over the recommended daily allowance for water. My diet is pretty good, i eat quite a bit of protein, minimal carbs, and have a very low sodium intake.

sooooo any suggestions? i've got 6 weeks til its bikini time!!

thanks xx

Replies

• Nelly83
    Nelly83 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Bump. Anyone got any advice for me?. Xx
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    It could be ur not eating foods that can help ur body type to lose the belly. Are u getting a lot of fiber too?
    Do some hiit and get in some toning, well if u do shred ur on a good program. Keep pushing!
  • KarenLouise1981
    Options
    I feel as though I could have wrote this thread myself! I have also ben on since Jan, lost 20 and probably have another 1-2kg to go and my belly is my most hated part! I've lost 5 inches but it won't tone up either :-( I have done everything and have resigned myself that my belly is my stubborn part! I will continue with cardio, weights and core strengthening and can only hope for the best. You probably have the same problem :-(
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • LizDoi
    LizDoi Posts: 1
    Options
    I feel the same!! i have always dreaded the "spare tire" my love handles are my worst enemy!

I would try more "muscle" building exercises instead of so much cardio!

try lifting weights, stomach crunches, leg weights etc!
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    HIIT training really shrunk my tummy...still have issues but mostly related to having a c-section. Someone on here quoted that great abs are made in the kitchen...I still struggle with that part.
  • elinsofie
    elinsofie Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Bump! I've lost 4.5 kilos (10 lbs) and have lost inches on my upper arms, thighs and hips, but my belly hasn't changed that much. Interval training often gives me a headache, so I'm not very motivated to do a lot more of that, but I hope the headaches will get better when I get in better shape. I've done EA Sports Active 21 Day Cardio Kickstart and now I'm starting the 9 Week Challenge. Hopefully that will make a difference.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Its a combination of diet, cardio, & strength training. Muscles burns fat. Also monitoring your diet. The cleaner you eat from my understanding the better your results will be.