Step Anybody

Options
Is there anyone else out there who loves step aerobics? I'm not old enough to have loved it in the early 80's but I really enjoy it now. Is anyone else out there stepping and have any favorite dvd's or youtube videos?

Replies

• VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I used to love Step. Still have it in my garage. I bought the original through my health club when they first came out. Cher, Kari Anderson, Gina Miller! Loved them all. They started phasing out of clubs here about 5-6 years ago so I don't do it anymore but I love following this guy on IG, thegiftd1 and his youtube is https://youtu.be/zGgi9EyvQLA I think his videos are fun to watch but I am not that skilled!
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    I can't do any jumping now for medical reasons but loved, loved group blast class (step)
  • wearmi1
    wearmi1 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    They only teach step at my gym during the day when I have to work so I've ordered a few throw back DVDs off Amazon just for fun! It's such a good workout and change of pace from the treadmill and elliptical!
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Me! Its one of my favorite forms of cardio
  • wearmi1
    wearmi1 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    mkakids wrote: »
    Me! Its one of my favorite forms of cardio

Me too!! Keep on stepping!!!!
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    I do Les Mills BodyStep at the gym I go to. I try to do it at least once a week. The instructor makes it so much fun
  • minniestar55
    minniestar55 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I love step! Started I the '80s with Gin Miller etc (I am that old, lol), have a couple old VCR tapes & a couple DVDs, but we have a local step instructor who does classes @ 3 of the gym branches I go to, so I'm usually @ step class 3x per week or more if she has it on schedule. Great cardio workout, I get a huge sweat on plus I wear a heart rate monitor. Great music too. Good to hear there are other steppers around.
  • gothomson
    gothomson Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I still do it in the house 4 - 5 mornings out of 7. It's my "go to" exercise when I need to fit in a quick exercise session but I'm pressed for time.
  • emtbsara
    emtbsara Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    They have "step n tone" class at my gym and I love it! I did it today actually. My wrist is hurting currently from other high intensity classes like insanity, so doing step is perfect!
  • munky_do
    munky_do Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Yep, also not old enough to have done them in the 80s but they're a great workout. I've been doing the original Reebok Step video from the 90s, at first I thought it would be too easy but by the end of just the aerobics video I'm sweating like crazy and my butt is sore the next day. It's a great way to work the glutes without having to do loads of lunges that my knees aren't tolerating.
  • spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,117 Member
    Options
    OMG Me!!!! I love, love, love Step aerobics. The more advanced the better. I had a great class I loved on Sat mornings. I did that for a couple years and would usually stay for the class afterwards, just cause I was already there. Then the instructor left and I hated the new instructor. Fast forward, I just found another class on Sundays that I love. My first class after years of not stepping was with 2 steps!!! It was Awesome. I went back yesterday and I'm so happy I found this lady. She keeps it different and challenging. :)

YAY for Step!!! Glad you have something you enjoy.
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Love my Kathy Smith step workouts.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Some
    munky_do wrote: »
    Yep, also not old enough to have done them in the 80s but they're a great workout. I've been doing the original Reebok Step video from the 90s, at first I thought it would be too easy but by the end of just the aerobics video I'm sweating like crazy and my butt is sore the next day. It's a great way to work the glutes without having to do loads of lunges that my knees aren't tolerating.

Newer step videos.....

Jenny Ford....has some YouTube videos (DVDs too).

Christie Taylor, Cathe Friedrich, Patrick Goudeau