Flying while fat

Options
LetterToCorinth
LetterToCorinth Posts: 130 Member
Hello all! I am planning a trip and am considering flying. However, I weigh around 300 lbs (size 22/24) and I wanted to hear from others who are is the same weight range who have flown recently. Have you had to buy a second seat? Are there certain airlines that are more forgiving? Any info you have would be appreciated.

Replies

• LetterToCorinth
    Options
    Thank you! I reading policies that say if you need an extender or if the armrests don't come down you have to buy another seat or get booted. That's the last thing I need. :)
  • LetterToCorinth
    Options
    May I ask what airline you used, @ejinvt ?
  • LetterToCorinth
    Options
    Great. Thanks! Did you have anyone next to you?
  • LetterToCorinth
    Options
    OK. That's OK with me, I was just making sure that they'd still let me fly if there were others next to me. Thanks for answering my questions!
  • PurringMyrrh
    PurringMyrrh Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    I flew American Airlines at that size in July. Didn't need an extender or extra seat, but I was definitely aware of myself the whole time. Had a middle seat with people on either side. If you want actual comfort of any sort at that size (or probably any size really), I've heard first class seating is much better.

Oh, and get a neck pillow! But don't wait for the $22 airport ones when you can Walmart one for like $5.