Clean eating buddies?

Options
Hi...I'm looking for some clean eating buddies! I'm just getting in to, or trying to get in to - clean eating. I have a couple cookbooks and received my first clean eating mag today!..I've made a few meals but fall of the wagon easy. So I'm just looking for people who may be willing to swap information and/or offer advice in being succesful! Thanks!

Replies

• 2ht2hand1e
    2ht2hand1e Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Me too. I read a blog about it last night and started today. I think it will take time and a lot of learning for me. I'm excited to start eating cleaner. I can imagine it will be great for our health...and waistlines lol.
  • CoachKaren
    CoachKaren Posts: 90
    Options
    I am a Clean eater. I abide by Tosca Reno's "The Clean Eat" book series. Here is a blog I wrote on it if it helps.
    http://icufitpt.blogspot.com/2010/09/clean-eating-my-take-on-it.html
  • Glamour60Xtreme
    Options
    I didn't know what this was until about 2 minutes ago when i looked it up, i want to do this!
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    I'm not following any specific book or anything, but I try to eat as clean as I can. About the only pre-prepared stuff I buy is Greek yogurt, hummus, and tofu, and I always read the ingredients to make sure there are no additives before I buy them.
  • SmashleeWpg
    SmashleeWpg Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I have a serious girl crush on Tosca Reno! Love Oxygen mag, and LOVE the Eat Clean cookbooks, workout, and mindset! Back to the basics, everyone.
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I eat clean and I accept all friend request
  • sherryberry07
    Options
    I'm a clean eater - pretty new into it and am always looking for recipes and such. Absolutely love it! So healthy, delicious, and nutritious.
    Feel free to add me as a friend! Shall we start a clean eats recipe thread? I'd love to see what everyone has for meal ideas.
  • PirateJenny
    PirateJenny Posts: 233
    Options
    Can you clarify what your definition of clean is?

I am not following a plan, but eat almost no processed food, have been a vegetarian for almost 30 years (I would be vegan, but I consume small amounts of yogurt) and try to stay raw as much as possible.

If this works with your diet, I would be happy to have you as a friend!
  • barefootgardener
    Options
    I try to eat clean, I am vegetarian, I try to eat unpackaged foods, a lot of raw or steamed foods, whole wheat bread. I pretty much try to eat things that expire quickly and aren't out of a box.

i throw together salads with whatever is in the fridge. spinach eggs and strawberries are not too bad together
  • katemarjoram
    katemarjoram Posts: 203
    Options
    Friend request sent.
  • tigertown11
    tigertown11 Posts: 310
    Options
    I am a Clean eater. I abide by Tosca Reno's "The Clean Eat" book series. Here is a blog I wrote on it if it helps.
    http://icufitpt.blogspot.com/2010/09/clean-eating-my-take-on-it.html

thank you for this list. this will help a lot when I go down those dreadful aisles. I am so bad at eating white anything!
  • MrsSchmidty7
    MrsSchmidty7 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Can you clarify what your definition of clean is?

I am not following a plan, but eat almost no processed food, have been a vegetarian for almost 30 years (I would be vegan, but I consume small amounts of yogurt) and try to stay raw as much as possible.

If this works with your diet, I would be happy to have you as a friend!

I've read some of Reno's books as well - and I like what they say for the most part. To me clean is as little as processed as possible.. I love me some dairy so I could never be vegan! I'll send out a friend request soon! THanks!
  • MrsSchmidty7
    MrsSchmidty7 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm a clean eater - pretty new into it and am always looking for recipes and such. Absolutely love it! So healthy, delicious, and nutritious.
    Feel free to add me as a friend! Shall we start a clean eats recipe thread? I'd love to see what everyone has for meal ideas.

I havent spent much time in the recipe board, do they have much in the way of clean eating over there? I think a recipe thread would be a great idea!