Belly Busters????

Options
I have a prolapsed disc and until I have physio that will (hopefully) make it better I am restricted on some of the exercises I can do.
I am losing weight, albeit slowly but I cant get it to come off my stomach.

I am sticking to cardio at the moment to try and shift the weight and will worry about toning up a but later when I am closer to where I want to be.

Does anyone know ant exercises I can do for my stomach that wont hurt my back? I always find that sit-up and the like always aggravate it and make the problem flare up.

ALSO.... I have had 2 boys and have been over weight since having them... will I ever be able to bust the jiggly tummy completely and have the stomach I have always wanted or am I doomed to having a 'mummy tummy' forever?

x x katie x x

Replies

• cowpacino
    cowpacino Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to say, there is no such thing as spot reduction. The only solution is to lower your overall body fat percentage. I know it sucks huh?
    Doing ab exercises aren't useless by any stretch of the imagination, but if you start to build muscle in your abs, it's not gonna take off the fat, it's just gonna push the fat out making your stomach look bigger. Just keep on doing the cardio and stick to your diet and that weight will eventually come off.
  • ohthatmomma
    ohthatmomma Posts: 115
    Options
    I am no expert, but I can tell you what works for me. After being in a car accident years ago, floor exercises add stress to my back and my neck. I do force myself to do them from time to time, but very infrequently. I do my ab exercises standing. AND it works! You can do standing crunches and Leslie Sansone's 5 mile workout with the firming bands work too. My son told me today, "What happened to that fat roll?" I laughed and told him that Leslie melted it all away. I have seen significant improvement in my stomach. You will too. Remember that you have to tighten your tummy with every movement.

try this link... also, you can do side bends, squat and do twists...

http://www.womenshealthmag.com/fitness/standing-ab-workout
  • katie041085
    katie041085 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    thank you guys x

ohthatmomma-- i will give it a go, thank you x x
  • rgill14
    rgill14 Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm sorry to say, there is no such thing as spot reduction. The only solution is to lower your overall body fat percentage. I know it sucks huh?
    Doing ab exercises aren't useless by any stretch of the imagination, but if you start to build muscle in your abs, it's not gonna take off the fat, it's just gonna push the fat out making your stomach look bigger. Just keep on doing the cardio and stick to your diet and that weight will eventually come off.

is it true that doing ab exercises is just going to push my stomach fat out more? i really only do about 10 minutes of abs a day, but people have been commenting that even though i seem to have slimmed down from my sides, it seems like my stomach sticks out more the other way. i just thought it was because everything else on my body is getting smaller except for that one roll. but i dont think 10 mins a day is enough to do that....