Sync with Smartrack guide

Options
• First make sure your device is listed below:
o Android products: Samsung Galaxy S3/S4/ note II, HTC one and Google Nexus 4 and above
o iOS products: iPhone (4s/5/5c/5s), iPad 3, iPod Touch 5 & iPad mini -using iOS 6 and above

• Assure that Bluetooth is turned on

• If you have already downloaded the MyFitnessPal app please delete it from your device.

• Delete the SmarTrack app from your device.

• Re-install both apps (MyFitnessPal and SmarTrack)

• Log into SmarTrack app using the same email & password you had previously created (all your previous readings will appear)

• In SmarTrack go to Settings. If you had already connected the scale (device) to the app you will tap on the device icon/photo. At the bottom of the screen you should see “Delete Device”. Please delete it.

• In Settings under devices, select “+” to reconnect the scale to the app. Press and hold the connect button on the bottom of the scale. The device icon/photo should reappear on the app. Select it. Choose a user number.

• In settings, go to Connection. Turn on MyFitnessPal allowing access to SmarTrack.

• In SmarTrack go back to the “home tab” by click the back arrow button. Home tab is where you see your name displayed.

• On your scale press the set button and select your user number if it didn’t automatically populate. Stand on the scale and take a reading. At the end of the reading you should see the Bluetooth logo shown on the scale advising you that measurements are being sent to your SmarTrack app.

• Once the measurements are displayed on SmarTrack you can open the MyFitnessPal app.

• Your measurements will be displayed in the Progress page and in the Goals page. (only the measurements that MyFitnessPal supports such as weight and body fat).

In addition, the scale will work and provide all readings on its LCD screen without the app.

Replies

• mightaswelllive
    mightaswelllive Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Has anyone else gotten this workaround to work? I just bought a Taylor smart scale, and the problem is connecting to MFP. The scale is still advertising that it can connect to MFP, but MFP doesn't list the scale in its list of app. I tried the above to fix the problem, but sliding the bar to connect SmarTrack to MFP still just sends me to the App Store to open MFP, even though I'm already logged in on my phone.
  • stuman74
    stuman74 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Has anyone else gotten this workaround to work? I just bought a Taylor smart scale, and the problem is connecting to MFP. The scale is still advertising that it can connect to MFP, but MFP doesn't list the scale in its list of app. I tried the above to fix the problem, but sliding the bar to connect SmarTrack to MFP still just sends me to the App Store to open MFP, even though I'm already logged in on my phone.

I have the same exact problem. Still looking for a workaround. I have just been manually entering it into MFP. But with the new year, I'd like to get it all sync'd if possible.
  • drkeyes
    drkeyes Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Please post if anyone figures this out. Thanks.
  • barbie1528
    barbie1528 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    stuman74 wrote: »

I have the same exact problem. Still looking for a workaround. I have just been manually entering it into MFP. But with the new year, I'd like to get it all sync'd if possible.

Me too! Very disappointed!
  • kburch78
    kburch78 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem until I:
    1. Uninstalled myfitnesspal
    2. Reboot your phone
    3. Reinstall MFP without signing in
    4. Go through the smartrak app and flip the switch for MFP
    5. Now through smatrack you will sign into MFP and link at the same time.
    Hopes this helps. You still have to have smartrack open when you weigh yourself but it does transfer the info.
  • misscorpora
    misscorpora Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My work around (for iOS devices):
    I synced smartrack and apple health app so each weigh in gets written as a data point. I then synced the apple health app with MFP. Best of luck!
  • SCBugbee
    SCBugbee Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    kburch78 wrote: »
    2. Reboot your phone
    Hopes this helps. You still have to have smartrack open when you weigh yourself but it does transfer the info.

This worked for me, thank you!
  • Eddie_Romero
    Eddie_Romero Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have a galaxy S5, and it's actually easier than that. Go to your MFP app, go to settings, Log out. Then go to the Smartrack App , settings, connection, and flip the switch for MFP on and log in when prompted.
  • nicholaskida
    nicholaskida Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I was able to resolve mine in the map settings itself without uninstalling anything. In mfp go to more - settings - sharing & privacy - healthkit sharing - turn weight (or everything) on. As long as your smarttrack app also syncs with apples health app, you're good to go. From there I just closed the app from the multitasking menu and it was all set
  • jamesauerbach
    jamesauerbach Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Has anyone found a fix for this? It is still kicking me to the app store when I try to simply turn on the connection in the smartrack app. the slider wont stay to the right to be on and kicks me automatically to the app store over and over again. I HAVE done all options above. no luck. please advise. thanks
  • jaybird180
    jaybird180 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    kburch78 wrote: »
    2. Reboot your phone
    Multiple tries. Didn't stick. At the top left of MFP there is still a button to take me back to the App Store and there was no new data from the measurements I took today (scale just arrived).

I'll keep at it, but if this ultimately doesn't work I will have to send the scale back, which would be a shame. Aside from this bug, I like this scale already.
  • jaybird180
    Options
    Question for those of you that have been able to get the app to transfer direct into MFP - does it also transfer water%?

This will determine if I return the scale or not.
  • jaybird180
    edited March 2016
    Options
    My work around (for iOS devices):
    I synced smartrack and apple health app so each weigh in gets written as a data point. I then synced the apple health app with MFP. Best of luck!

I employed this solution. There are a couple of things that I'd like to share about this.
    1- Only weight data is transferred to MFP
    2- There may be +- .1lb variations from what's shown in Smartrack vs MFP because the data is transferred from Smartrack into Apple Health in .01lb increments but Smartrack only shows .1 increments as does MFP. Apple may round the data but unfortunately counts .49lbs as .5 lbs. What you'll see is .4lb on Smartrack but .5 on MFP and you'll wonder how that extra .1lb got there; that's how.
    3- You must open MFP on your smartphone to allow MFP to upload the data into the web database for it to show in your reports online and your daily weight trends.

Not a panacea, but it's functional. I went back and manually entered the other data that Taylor provides using the app to enter the data onto a spreadsheet then to MFP as I'm still not certain if this is the right scale for me long-term, but having found nothing yet better it may be a moot point.

I should also note that in my communication with Taylor (which I'm grateful for) they were unable to say when MFP integration would be fixed. I'm more inclined to believe it's a legal/ financial (licensing?) issue than a technical one.
  • gooderunner
    gooderunner Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi all, after multiple (frustrating) attempts at getting my Galaxy S6 to sync the scale with MFP, I emailed Taylor support at prodsupport@taylorusa.com, and received the following (long) reply and instructions. I after doing this, I noticed that all my history (for weight and body fat, which is all MFP supports from the scale) was now in the Progress tab in MFP. I also noticed that my scale remembered me as P1 when I added it back, but during the "adding a device" step, you still have to select a profile, so I selected to replace P1, as all the supported history was now in MFP, and I'm willing to have that and start over with data in the scale vs. only the scale. If you try this without success, here's the contact info feom the email:
    prodsupport@taylorusa.com
    Phone: 1-866-843-3905 M-F 8am- 5pm MST Fax: (575) 526-4347

Thank you for contacting Taylor Precision Products. Congratulations on your purchase! We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with connecting to MyFitnessPal. Please follow the below instructions to correct the issue.
    · First make sure your device is listed below:
    o Android products: Samsung Galaxy S3/S4/ note II, HTC one and Google Nexus 4 and above
    o iOS products: iPhone (4s/5/5c/5s), iPad 3, iPod Touch 5 & iPad mini -using iOS 6 and above

· Assure that Bluetooth is turned on

· If you have already downloaded the MyFitnessPal app please delete it from your device.

· Delete the SmarTrack app from your device.

· Re-install both apps (MyFitnessPal and SmarTrack)

· Log into MyFitnessPal & exit out of it without logging off keeping it open.

· Log into SmarTrack app using the same email & password you had previously created (all your previous readings will appear)

· In SmarTrack go to Settings. If you had already connected the scale (device) to the app you will tap on the device icon/photo. At the bottom of the screen you should see “Delete Device”. Please delete it.

· In Settings under devices, select “+” to reconnect the scale to the app. Press and hold the connect button on the bottom of the scale. The device icon/photo should reappear on the app. Select it. Choose a user number.

· In settings, go to Connection. Turn on MyFitnessPal allowing access to SmarTrack.

· In SmarTrack go back to the “home tab” by click the back arrow button. Home tab is where you see your name displayed.

· On your scale press the set button and select your user number if it didn’t automatically populate. Stand on the scale and take a reading. At the end of the reading you should see the Bluetooth logo shown on the scale advising you that the measurements are being sent to your SmarTrack app.

· Once the measurements are displayed on SmarTrack you can open the MyFitnessPal app.

· Your measurements will be displayed in the Progress page and in the Goals page. (only the measurements that MyFitnessPal supports such as weight and body fat).
    In addition, the scale will work and provide all readings on its LCD screen without the app.