coffee creamer

Options
I logged in my International Delight French Vanilla this morning....4 TBSP is 140 calories!!! And I usually drink two coffees a day plus an afternoon cup (thankfully water aside from this)
I love favored creamer and look forward to this indulgence--especially on nights where I get little sleep due to little ones.
What do y'all put in your coffee (if you like sweet sugary coffee and flavored)?
Is there a brand with less?

Replies

• juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    Options
    I'm sure there are sugar free brands that contain less calories - maybe start there?

Or start using 1/2 as much until your taste buds adjust...then cut in 1/2 again, until you can just drink coffee black.

A good cup of black coffee doesn't need additives.
  • schmoozie26
    schmoozie26 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I use a little pure maple syrup and maybe a tablespoon of milk or so. Maple is really sweet so a little goes a long way :)
  • lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    I use sugar free flavored creamer. Significantly less calories.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Cream is better than sweetened liquid margarine.
  • Anens630
    Anens630 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm weaning myself off of coffee creamer....I'm so badass....

I can't be drinking my calories like this.

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Quarter cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk and one tablespoon of hazelnut creamer - 57 calories.
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    My husband uses a splash of real cream and then sugar free syrup (like the ones they have at Starbucks). You can buy the syrups at Cash and Carry for sure. He gets caramel, toffee, kahlua etc. I used to use cream and sugar, than slowly used less and less. One day there was no milk, so I drank it without: Not bad! Same thing happened with sugar. Took about 6 months to start drinking it black.

I like the maple syrup idea. I do like iced coffee sweet. I usually sweeten with whole milk and chocolate protein powder, and very occasionally a splash of the SF caramel. Then its a supplement rather than a "bad" thing.

OR you can just fit it in if you like it that much (1 instead of 2 maybe?). I had a glass of wine nearly every day and pizza nearly every week while losing all of my weight. Priorities!
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I put real milk in my coffee. It's a good source of protein. I don't sweeten my coffee but if I did I'd probably just use a bit of real sugar.
  • alyssagb1
    alyssagb1 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I usually do half and half, 2T @40 cals. You could also try the plain powder creamer (with no flavor/sugar) about 15 cals per serving.
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    I like to use about 1/4 c of unsweetened almond milk with about a tsp. of stevia, or a tbs. of flavored creamer (per 20oz cup) . the almond milk has good flavor, and at 40 cal. a cup cuts the calories a good bit. some other ways to add a good bit of flavor to your coffee without many calories are to add spices to your brew. cinnamon you can add right to your cup, or into the grounds. you can also add things like cocoa powder, vanilla, nutmeg, etc into your grounds before you brew. a little of each goes a long way, and adds flavor without a ton of calories.
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    Also, you may try to swap your 2nd cup of coffee out for a cup of very flavorful black tea, if you feel you need the extra caffeine boost, double up on your tea bags per cup. Some suggestions for teas are black chia, constant comment, earl grey, etc. YOGI Makes a bunch of different teas with a ton of different flavors some already sweetened with stevia.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i make room for my creamer.

some things are non negotiable.

LOL
  • JJakester
    JJakester Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Fat free half & half in mine. 2 T. is 20 cal. It's the little pleasures that I'm NOT getting rid of.
  • chelsy0587
    chelsy0587 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    LOVE my sweet and creamy coffee.... This year of losing I've just fit it into my calories because like you say that is my one indulgence in the morning and I absolutely love it. I did try a fat free creamer, it didn't sit well with my tummy though and I don't like the yucky fake sugar taste so I don't even try the sugar free kinds...

I have begun to think the half and half might be doable but I like the hazelnut flavor so maybe a flavored syrup or flavored coffee if it isn't crazy expensive...

I also used to do 3 cups a day but have limited it, normally I can get one cup in before the little one wakes up and that's the one that always taste the best to me so if I get a second cup I'm lucky :smile:
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    i make room for my creamer.

some things are non negotiable.

LOL

Yep
  • TrickyDisco
    TrickyDisco Posts: 2,869 Member
    Options
    Oat milk tastes really creamy in coffee, 100ml is only about 45 cals.
  • Anens630
    Anens630 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the awesome tips!! I never even thought about tea, maple syrup, and diff milks. I love the tea tip for my second cup bc I never get a chance to finish it and always waste (kcups are $$$!!)...and love the maple syrup idea. And almond milk...and oat milk...what is that? It sounds glorious!
  • lilawolf
    Options
    JJakester wrote: »
    Fat free half & half in mine. 2 T. is 20 cal. It's the little pleasures that I'm NOT getting rid of.

Not being judgy, but...what IS fat free half and half? Should be half whole milk, half cream. How the heck do you do that without fat? Regular would only be 35-40 calories for 2 T
  • lilawolf
    Options
    Oat milk tastes really creamy in coffee, 100ml is only about 45 cals.

How do you milk an oat? lol. Seriously though, where do you buy this? I've seen almond and rice milk, but not oat.
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    i bought some of the reusable k-cups. . much easier on the wallet than the disposable ones.