Lost 100 pounds in a year!

Options
I'm 5'4, my starting weight was 250, I am currently 150. My starting shirt size was 2x now I am size small, pant size 18 now I am size 6! The key to my weight loss was eating normally but in portions, no starving, no overworking myself, I did not cut out junk food. I allow myself to enjoy food still but in a responsible way. I started by replacing & reducing my fast food with healthier choices. Example: serving of chips instead of fries, dark chocolate instead of milk chocolate, etc... There was a time in my life that I cut everything out & I could never lose weight. I found the technique I used most effective since I eat normal & im able to maintain weight! Any questions ask!!!!

Replies

• misssmadalyn
    misssmadalyn Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    eryrurhc52al.jpeg
    I could not attach this in my story but here :)
  • justynegil
    justynegil Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    This is amazing and so inspiring! I would love to do what you did! Congrats!
  • misssmadalyn
    Options
    justynegil wrote: »
    This is amazing and so inspiring! I would love to do what you did! Congrats!
    Thank you! :)

• Healthydiner65
    Healthydiner65 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Congrats on a spectacular weight loss. You look great!
  • KpopGrad92
    KpopGrad92 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!!! You look beautiful!
  • sayevil
    sayevil Posts: 3 Member
    Options

Wow how amazing! Not to mentioned you look extreamly beautiful and healthy most importantly. Don't lose sight of your accomplishments and maintain it, best wishes
    eryrurhc52al.jpeg

• misssmadalyn
    Options
    IWTBFCIN3 wrote: »
    Congrats on a spectacular weight loss. You look great!
    KpopGrad92 wrote: »
    Awesome job!!!! You look beautiful!

Thank you both :) ❤️
  • misssmadalyn
    Options
    sayevil wrote: »
    Wow how amazing! Not to mentioned you look extreamly beautiful and healthy most importantly. Don't lose sight of your accomplishments and maintain it, best wishes
    eryrurhc52al.jpeg

Thank you for your encouraging words :) !
  • Imcharmed
    Imcharmed Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look Amazing, way to go. I'm just starting again after 10mths of not counting etc, and having snapped my Achilles in September so you can imagine the weight piled on! Any tips?
  • hfzimmerman
    hfzimmerman Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    You were about where I'm at and you are where I want to be :) You look great!! How long did it take you to lose? Did you do any exercising?
  • misssmadalyn
    Options
    Imcharmed wrote: »
    Wow, you look Amazing, way to go. I'm just starting again after 10mths of not counting etc, and having snapped my Achilles in September so you can imagine the weight piled on! Any tips?

Thanks!!! I would do exercises the are low impact on your Achilles. Look up on google! Also a huge huge part of weight loss is not just exercise but the way you eat! If you balance out your fats carbs & sugars then you could lose weight just by that. Make sure to give yourself food you enjoy!!! Weight loss is NOT a punishment! ❤️ best of luck xoxoxo
  • rebeccaj822
    rebeccaj822 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    You look awesome and I appreciate your insights. Congrats on your major accomplishment! It's truly impressive and inspirational!!
  • kiddiebqueen17
    kiddiebqueen17 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Wow. Congrats. That is amazing.
    How long has it been since you reached your desired weight? And what will you do to maintain it???
  • socrmommy
    socrmommy Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!! How many calories a day average ? Exercise regimen?
  • chelsiequijas
    chelsiequijas Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Any tips???
  • misssmadalyn
    Options
    You were about where I'm at and you are where I want to be :) You look great!! How long did it take you to lose? Did you do any exercising?
    It has been a year exactly for me! I always tell ppl to eat in a way they can eat for the rest of their lives. If you eat in a way that you can't forever then you will gain weight when you're finished losing. Keep that in mind :) . Stay as active as possible even if it's taking more time to clean the house, organize a closet . Track your food!!!

• misssmadalyn
    Options
    And yes I exercise! I love cardio & I do weights - not too heavy but something to get me shaped up
  • misssmadalyn
    Options
    You look awesome and I appreciate your insights. Congrats on your major accomplishment! It's truly impressive and inspirational!!
    Thank you honey! ❤️

• misssmadalyn
    Options
    Wow. Congrats. That is amazing.
    How long has it been since you reached your desired weight? And what will you do to maintain it???
    I reached my goal weight 3 months ago, to maintain I will eat the way I've been eating my whole weight loss :) . I eat normally; breakfast, lunch , dinner; snacks in between. I like cereals, peanut butter toast, cheese, pizza, dark chocolate almonds, veggies, fruits :)
    I stay active still. I really enjoy the gym.
  • misssmadalyn
    Options
    socrmommy wrote: »
    You look amazing!! How many calories a day average ? Exercise regimen?

I eat roughly 1,800-2,200 calories a day. I work off 600 & eat back 200-300 :)
    To lose weight I did lots & lots of cardio. I suggest doing free weights from the beginning , I really wish I would have done it but it's okay! :)
    Best of luck ❤️
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!