want to reduce 15 lbs in 2 months for my b'day in march

Options
Hello all, plz suggest me ideas to reduce 15 lbs by March 7, 2016 ..?i want to look great for my b'day

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    If you have 15 pounds to lose (in total) - it's not going to happen in 2 months. Not in a healthy manner, anyway - Sorry.

But strength training can help you "shape-up." Losing inches is as good as losing pounds.
  • lanclass2014
    lanclass2014 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello there! I totally know the feeling...I am at my heaviest since being pregnant at 144lbs!! I usually maintain 135-137 but had a huge Xmas blowout and some health issues in 2015!
    I am going to be exercising everyday...Jillian Michaels strength training is fab and gives me quick results. I try to alternate between strength and cardio but Jillians workouts give you both (blast that fat!!) Also keeping to 1200 cals each day ensuring you have high protein and low sugar...input your daily diet into myfitness tracker. My b.day is 28th March but I am going on vacation on the 8th March so am in the same boat as you. If you really want to get that 15lb off you need to be disciplined...no cheating (until you have got at least 2 weeks under your belt...then I have a night when I indulge just once). Also increasing glasses of water you drink (always have a glass before meals and snacks and substituting rice/pasta with veggie spaghetti). If you want to be motivational buddy's let me know and we can help each other to keep it real! (My goal is 134lbs or under)
  • katskirkpatrick
    katskirkpatrick Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey TeaBea - agreed losing weight is best left to about 1-2lbs a week & slowly sticks o:) By my rough calculations though I think it's possible! Let's not throw a dampener on mine or Sejaldhiren's flames - queenliz99 has just given us some amazing disciplinary rules to make this work & goodness knows that even though body fat is notoriously hard to shift with 9 weeks x 2lbs this IS possible.
    I'm glad you recommend strength training for shape & toning - also good for burning more calories in cells :)
    My birthday is 19/Mar so I'm working towards a similar goal but find I can go over my calorie limit too much although this app is a good marker for achievement. Next stop - get the food scales out xxxx
  • YaGirlMaddi
    YaGirlMaddi Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I think you might be able to do it with a proper diet AND excersise. I think this because your initial weight loss will be waterweight. For example I lost 6 pounds my first week doing p90x and a high protein diet. But most of it was waterweight.